British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL Sun 26th Aug 2018 at 3pm

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Work stops me attending but on the few occasions I have ventured through standing outside the bar all I saw were 4 helmets going by 4 times a race ;).

You’re there for the higher class of company not the view of the track. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

The Ipswich fan should just concern himself with his own club , which comes in for regular criticism from its own followers .

He was, it wasn’t aimed at Glasgow in any way. It was me that felt the words were pertinent given the negativity on this forum towards the Glasgow TM and promotion over the past few months.

It’s very easy to sit here and criticise and spend the promotions money etc. At the end of the day the guys that ride the bikes take a pretty significant proportion of the responsibility for the lack of positive results we have had this year. 

On paper at the beginning of the year our team looked unstoppable, plenty praising the promotion etc but things then go pear shaped - Kerr’s injury, bombers persistent engine issues, Worrall’s incredibly poor form and all of a sudden it’s because we have a ‘fan’ as TM. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MD said:

I can understand why you may think we are ungrateful but its frustration with under performance that has built up all season and boiled over with the Edinburgh fixture, and another pumping. We have resources to match any club in our league, you've got to wonder how did it get to this position.

Anyway, back to tomorrow hopefully it is dryer and we get the inevitable over in one weekend.

I agree it’s frustrating, incredibly frustrating. More so because of the makeup of the team at the start of the year and the thirst for success from both fans and promotion. However, I don’t feel much if any of the poor form is down to Stewart Dickson not being in charge. 

Yes, tomorrow I think we will be lucky to see any racing unfortunately. 

Edited by Solidmango
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

The Dale was packed with Tigers last night likes. 

And the track was packed with 5 of the toothless variety

• Like 1

Only outcome there could have been unfortunately.

• Like 1

A lazy afternoon in front of the telly football it is then .

6 hours ago, Paulco said:

A lazy afternoon in front of the telly football it is then .

Entertaining game from Motherwell.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

With a painful ending 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Personally I watched the Touring Cars & support races from Knockhill.  A good distance from Ashfield though not a big surprise the Scottish Speedway Derby was off as it literally poured down .  'Dreich' I believe the good folk North O' the Border refer to it....