British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL Sun 26th Aug 2018 at 3pm

Last chance saloon for the Tigers as they have to overcome the Monarchs and have them leave empty handed to keep our diminishing play off hopes alive .

The Monarchs faithful only seem to venture west along the M8 when they smell blood , so the 4th bend covered terrace will be jam packed full of them as they will expect to win after last night's mauling . 

Cookie should be back to spearhead our attack and there will be a return of race zero before the meeting as Bomber tries out which Allied mobility scooter he wishes to use for his 5 rides . 

Hopefully the forecast deluge doesnt transpire and we sent those pesky Monarchs home pointless . 

• Like 1

All the weather forecasts I've looked at today for the Springburn area on Sunday, predict continuous rain from 8am through 4pm, with it being heaviest between midday through 3pm.

Did Tigers ever obtain the track covers which were mentioned previously?

Reason I ask, it might have been possible to reschedule for 5pm as it's forecast to be dry from thereon. 

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

All the weather forecasts I've looked at today for the Springburn area on Sunday, predict continuous rain from 8am through 4pm, with it being heaviest between midday through 3pm.

Did Tigers ever obtain the track covers which were mentioned previously?

Reason I ask, it might have been possible to reschedule for 5pm as it's forecast to be dry from thereon. 

No track covers infact we are still waiting on in no paticular order.

1. Big screen 

2. Team manager

3. A good team

So if forecast is correct it will be off.

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

1. Big screen 

2. Team manager

3. A good team

We had a big Screen and he was as bad round Armadale as the majority were last night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

1. Big screen 

2. Team manager

3. A good team

Er  you forgot 4)  the training track behind the stadium

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

1. Big screen 

2. Team manager

3. A good team

Speak nicely to Berwick. You could maybe borrow the covers, a better team manager and a team that is not much worse than yours (able to get 3 points from Edinburgh without them scoring a point) going on the plus and minus scoring.:drink:

16 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Speak nicely to Berwick. You could maybe borrow the covers, a better team manager and a team that is not much worse than yours (able to get 3 points from Edinburgh without them scoring a point) going on the plus and minus scoring.:drink:

Yep cant disagree with any of that

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

1. Big screen 

2. Team manager

3. A good team

What about the 3 tier hospitality suite? 

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Planning dept killed that one.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

List is endless but to there credit the money they have invested in the track and stadium has to be applauded, the racing this season has seen a vast improvement on the new track.

Regardless what our cast off say's. ;)

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

The Monarchs faithful only seem to venture west along the M8 when they smell blood , so the 4th bend covered terrace will be jam packed full of them as they will expect to win after last night's mauling . 

The Dale was packed with Tigers last night likes. 

• Like 1

Taken from an Ipswich fan on twitter and entirely relevant to some ungrateful and negative Glasgow fans on here...

Rarely use twitter now and I'm shocked at the amount of so called speedway fans who continued slate our club! It's clearly an easy job to run and promote the club! Count yourselves lucky to have such a great club to support if only you knew what goes on behind the scenes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAnderson said:

The Dale was packed with Tigers last night likes. 

Work stops me attending but on the few occasions I have ventured through standing outside the bar all I saw were 4 helmets going by 4 times a race ;).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Taken from an Ipswich fan on twitter and entirely relevant to some ungrateful and negative Glasgow fans on here.

I can understand why you may think we are ungrateful but its frustration with under performance that has built up all season and boiled over with the Edinburgh fixture, and another pumping. We have resources to match any club in our league, you've got to wonder how did it get to this position.

Anyway, back to tomorrow hopefully it is dryer and we get the inevitable over in one weekend.

59 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Taken from an Ipswich fan on twitter and entirely relevant to some ungrateful and negative Glasgow fans on here...

Rarely use twitter now and I'm shocked at the amount of so called speedway fans who continued slate our club! It's clearly an easy job to run and promote the club! Count yourselves lucky to have such a great club to support if only you knew what goes on behind the scenes

The Ipswich fan should just concern himself with his own club , which comes in for regular criticism from its own followers .

• Like 1