British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Buxton Vs Kent (NL) 26/08/2018

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

The forecast for tomorrow does not look good, I no Buxton are usually very good at giving an early call to save the long trip up, unlike Belle Vue last week.

4 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

The forecast for tomorrow does not look good, I no Buxton are usually very good at giving an early call to save the long trip up, unlike Belle Vue last week.

Belle Vue called off early last week, but the weather turned out not as bad as forecast, and the match probably could have gone ahead.  But it was the right decision as it stopped Kent having a potentially wasted trip.  Kent did the same early call off on Monday - again perhaps the match could ave gone ahead - but it also saved BV a possible wasted journey.

Early call offs are a pain if the forecast later proves wrong, but when money is tight and long distances are involved, they do make sense.

13 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Belle Vue called off early last week, but the weather turned out not as bad as forecast, and the match probably could have gone ahead.  But it was the right decision as it stopped Kent having a potentially wasted trip.  Kent did the same early call off on Monday - again perhaps the match could ave gone ahead - but it also saved BV a possible wasted journey.

Early call offs are a pain if the forecast later proves wrong, but when money is tight and long distances are involved, they do make sense.

They did not call off early.    The forecast was a belt of light rain passing through, this was forecast for days before hand.  B V were asked by the Kent management early morning if it was going ahead & were told definitely yes. I no of at least 4 cars that made a wasted trip up (me included). B V then called it off after lunch, when we got the message we were 30 mins away from the track.   I have absolutely no problem with calling it off, but why not when its against a team from the other end of England call if off earlier in the morning, the rain was forecasted for days.   As you say there was little if any rain, but that can happen when a match is called off based on a forecast.   The match at Kent v B V was not called off because of forecasted rain but because of over night rain flooding the track.

Buxton v Kent today is called off.