British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Dan Bewley - Workington v.s Lakeside - 25th August 2018

Taken from Twitter

Workington Comets @OfficialComets
FollowFollow @OfficialComets
More

Tonight’s meeting has been abandoned after 2 heats following a serious crash involving Dan Bewley. Dan is conscious but still receiving treatment on track. We will update with further news when we have it

HAVE heard Dan has broken a leg, not sure how badly. Massive blow for him and BV with a double header against Wolves on Monday which could have clinched their spot in the play-offs.

Not good news , for Dan and BV . 

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE heard Dan has broken a leg, not sure how badly. Massive blow for him and BV with a double header against Wolves on Monday which could have clinched their spot in the play-offs.

That's awful news, Dan is a wonderful talent who is really exciting to watch ..  Worth the entrance fee at B V on his own..

Hope he  makes a  quick & full recovery  .

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Heard? I hope it's something he can recover from. It's very worrying when you read details of the crash.

I've been told Dan has a broken left leg and possible broken right arm hopefully nothing else the collar and spinal board was only precautionary.

I’m devastated for Dan. He is such a natural talent on a bike and a really nice lad. Best wishes during his recovery

Cookie has put 4 pit passes for the final GP in Torun up for auction. All proceeds to Dan... well done Craig

Emil Sayfutdinov joins in too with 4 sets of a ticket, a hat, a hoody, and a pit pass to the highest 4 bidders - I love the “Speedway family”

Edited by Gr8scot
Addition
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

I’m devastated for Dan. He is such a natural talent on a bike and a really nice lad. Best wishes during his recovery

Cookie has put 4 pit passes for the final GP in Torun up for auction. All proceeds to Dan... well done Craig

Emil Sayfutdinov joins in too with 4 sets of a ticket, a hat, a hoody, and a pit pass to the highest 4 bidders - I love the “Speedway family”

Please post a link to these auctions.....thanks

• Like 2

Broken femurs are a 12 month injury unless your prepared to take the huge risk of riding with the pin in your leg, was looking forward to seeing him ride in Aus, get well soon matey.

junior

5 places as well. Those are nasty injuries. I highly doubt he will be recovered in time for the start of next season. A femur that badly damaged is a 12 month recoup generally speaking. 

It's going to be a huge test of mental strength for Dan now. He had the head injury 2 seasons ago which made him question his desire to continue. Thankfully he came back stronger. 

This is a big injury and for a rider who is only in his 3rd season, it's going to be a tough one to digest and find the mental fortitude to get back on a speedway bike. 

He's such a classy, clean rider as well. I just really hope he isn't going to fall in the category of riders who essentially just have rubbishe luck. Some of these lads just seem to get hurt no matter how safe they may ride. 

Britain's brightest talent for many many years. The kid is a diamond. I really really hope he comes back and wish him all the best in his recovery. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jaykay2PT said:

Please post a link to these auctions.....thanks

As far as I know they are only being done via twitter. Just reply to Cookie and Emil's original tweets. 

Sorry I can't be more help.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:12 AM, Gr8scot said:

Well done Cookie...helping a fellow Cumbrian

Massive thanks to Emil for his magnificent gesture

• Like 1

Sorry, I don’t know how to post links. I agree with Star Lady that the boys tweeted the offers so I guess you just tweet them. If you go on BelleVue V Wolves thread, page 5, post 552 Fred Lange, he has copied the tweets. Good luck

You could also speak to Craig tonight if you’re going

Edited by Gr8scot
Addition