British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Newcastle v Lakeside - 26 August

Enjoyed the meeting. Some good racing when Ellis and Pickering were on track. 

Times were 2 or 3 seconds off normal so hardly indicative of an unrideable track. Brough needs throttle control when dry and even more when wet. 

• Like 1

I have never seen Nick away from Lakeside so can only say he’s been top class at our track. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andys said:

He was a disgrace mate,, what's the feeling amongst your fans towards him.. 

A don't think Nick Morris likes the Newcastle track at the best of times, but a least pulling wheelies when beaten entertains the kids ;)

Was good to see 'The Moth' back to his best with effortless style, maybe need more dark nights and tricky tracks are needed, but will be back to no.1 riding like that, if he's not careful.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Maybe Nick didn’t feel safe to race on the track and after spending time with Dan Bewley only 24 hours earlier didn’t want to take any risks. I saw Workington fans saying him and Ellis was out on the track with Dan while waiting for the ambulance so I think calling him a disgrace is a bit harsh personally.

21 minutes ago, liam said:

Maybe Nick didn’t feel safe to race on the track and after spending time with Dan Bewley only 24 hours earlier didn’t want to take any risks. I saw Workington fans saying him and Ellis was out on the track with Dan while waiting for the ambulance so I think calling him a disgrace is a bit harsh personally.

Irrespective of what happened to Bewley, if a rider starts thinking about not taking any risks he should be stopping at home.... Then again, you're only guessing anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Irrespective of what happened to Bewley, if a rider starts thinking about not taking any risks he should be stopping at home.... Then again, you're only guessing anyway.

Generally speaking, you maybe right. But seeing someone close to you injured can and does have an effect more on some people then others. Remember Chris Holder went off the boil after the Darcy Ward smash. There was a very bad smash at the British MotoGP at Silverstone on Saturday practice in the pouring rain. These MotoGP riders are tough, and one of the real tough ones on Sunday said "we maybe MotoGP riders, but we are human" (or words to that effect). Speedway riders are tough guys, but they are human too. Recently a former Polish speedway champion committed suicide, riders who knew him were affected, one pulled out of a match because of it, some others were down on their previous performance levels. We are humans with feelings.

• Like 1

Did Nick actually withdrawal from the meeting here? if so he will miss the next seven days?

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

I meant not taking risks on a track he doesn’t think is safe to race on, but you’re right Iam only guessing.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

29 minutes ago, liam said:

I meant not taking risks on a track he doesn’t think is safe to race on, but you’re right Iam only guessing.

Well if he was doing 'wheelies' he must have been taking little risks ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

Did Nick actually withdrawal from the meeting here? if so he will miss the next seven days?

No he won't as it was a speedway injury, Lawson, on the other hand, has a compulsory 8 day ban from last friday as his is a non-speedway injury/illness.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, liam said:

Nick Morris, like Kyle Howarth normally, over rides on full throttle and when he catches a rut or loose dirt he is then airborne. Not the tracks fault if certain riders are throttle happy, Actually the last visits of both Howarth and Morris they rode great, and it was their best meetings at Brough. So it can be ridden, but the brain has to be in gear of course.