British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Mildenhall v Eastbourne Sept 2

30 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Really don't like these sort of decisions.

Sure there may be a few football fans that have to miss the meeting. But from reading comments it seems equally likely that some regular fans will miss because of the change of time.

Depends who was missing mate.Could be track staff or medics not just general fans 

Understand the decision completely but the football fixtures were announced in mid June, yet the Mildenhall website still says 3pm start?! When will these speedway promotors finally realise that by giving people enough time to plan, they may see a few more fans through the gate! When I checked the fixture list recently I suspected the start time would be put back. Why have I and others only found out this is certain through this forum? An hour can be vital in travel times and there is no reason why Mildenhall couldn't have had this fixture as a 4pm start on the website weeks ago.

• Like 1

Tv companies do change football fixtures wit relatively short notice so there would be a reasonable expectation that the east Anglian derby would have been moved from its original date. If it hasn't this time i'd say is in itselfs unusual.

For those that planned to watch the Ipswich v Norwich match on TV before going to Mildenhall it is not being shown live on sky this time. 

I do know a couple of people who are regulars at Portman Road that also go to Mildenhall speedway so a later start time will give them time to attend both if they so wish. 

Just letting you all know. 

• Like 1

Why even argue about this. Both teams have made what the feel is the right decision.  they may be right or wrong but they think its for the best. Why not just give them our full support, even if it means we have to miss the match. 

Anyway, more important;y, who's gonna win or is it a no brainer? Certainly Mildenhall look pretty much unbeatable home and away! I am desperate for Eastbourne to win the league but I certainly would not resent this team doing it if we cant!

At least Mildenhall have changed the start time to 4-00pm on their website now but BSPA still showing 3-00pm. 

Hopefully the word gets out to those not on here or there could be a few waiting around for quite a while for the meeting to start. 

British Speedway should always put the fans first...something that is too often forgotten.

On 8/28/2018 at 9:01 AM, Super Blue said:

For those that planned to watch the Ipswich v Norwich match on TV before going to Mildenhall it is not being shown live on sky this time. 

I do know a couple of people who are regulars at Portman Road that also go to Mildenhall speedway so a later start time will give them time to attend both if they so wish. 

Just letting you all know. 

Sky are now showing Ipswich v Norwich on the Red Button, although I'm not in the least bit interested myself.

The last time I watched a match at Carrow Road, Bill Punton was playing, and it ended in a boring 0-0 draw. I've never been since!