British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Lindgren 2019

I know this is weird, but...

After looking at the standings after yesterday, I would not be totally shocked if Freddie doesn't qualify for 2019! He has struggled to recapture his early season form, and it certainly is not out of the question that he misses out on a Top 8 spot. He is currently 15 ahead of 9th placed Zagar.

Just a thought...

Steve

HE wasn't fit enough to race on Saturday after sustaining a nasty hand injury. Says it will be a lot better in two weeks time.

Watching that on Sat there is no way Holder,Pawlicki or Cook should be anywhere near the GP's next year.Tricky regarding wild cards though.

VERY tricky now with Vaculik back in the frame. Millik was being talked about but has had a poor season (0 from 4 yesterday) and would tough for him to get the nod rather than Martin.

With regard to Madsen, was told over the weekend in no uncertain terms that a rider who does not do the qualifiers will not be considered for a wild card.

THE FIM are also desperate to get some new faces in but there could conceivably be one at the most.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

VERY tricky now with Vaculik back in the frame. Millik was being talked about but has had a poor season (0 from 4 yesterday) and would tough for him to get the nod rather than Martin.

With regard to Madsen, was told over the weekend in no uncertain terms that a rider who does not do the qualifiers will not be considered for a wild card.

THE FIM are also desperate to get some new faces in but there could conceivably be one at the most.

I tell you, Torun could be brutal; it is so tight for the top eight.

I think everybody would like to see some new faces, but if riders qualify by right, what can you do? The sad thing is that, at the moment, it is difficult to see any newcomers really being able to break through into the top eight.

Steve

Doyle and 9th place surely nailed on for wildcards. Then I would imagine a Dane, both Nicki and Madsen (if he wins the SEC) have decent claims, based on the comment from Phil would assume Nicki.

Then after last night you'd say one of Lambert and Vaculik, and there you suspect Lamberts age, nationality and desire for a new face in the series likely to see him get the nod? 

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Good.  

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

Doyle and 9th place surely nailed on for wildcards. Then I would imagine a Dane, both Nicki and Madsen (if he wins the SEC) have decent claims, based on the comment from Phil would assume Nicki.

Then after last night you'd say one of Lambert and Vaculik, and there you suspect Lamberts age, nationality and desire for a new face in the series likely to see him get the nod? 

This is what I don't really get. Of course, Doyle and Pedersen should be considered as strong contenders, but why then - as Philip says - should the FIM be so concerned about not getting new faces on board when they seemingly feel compelled to take what is effectively the top ten?

This is the problem with wild cards; whoever you pick, there are other riders who are equally deserving, but miss out because of age, personality, or lack of past achievement. If a rider qualifies on his own merits, there can be no argument, although we all know that there are certain individuals on this forum who will find an argument!

Injuries can be an issue, but who can honestly claim - certainly on the strength of his last couple of outings - that Vaculik doesn't deserve a spot? Even though I am not a Pedersen fan, on his day, he can obviously still compete with the best. Plus, he does add something. As waiheke1 says, Lambert has a strong case.

It will be interesting to see just who finishes ninth and tenth this year...

Steve

THE big problem is that with the possible exception of Lambert there is a dearth of 'new faces' that would seem capable of seriously competing at SGP level.

18 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE big problem is that with the possible exception of Lambert there is a dearth of 'new faces' that would seem capable of seriously competing at SGP level.

With Lambert you also have to name Dabik and Smektala, but of course with the number of Poles already in can another two, or even one be considered seriously. If the top 8 stays as it is (no certainty of that) then Doyle, Vaculik will be wild cards and possibly NP too. But that only leaves one space and I would say Robert would be a good choice.

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU could well be right. But for a last in his first race (clutch problems) at the Challenge, Lambert would have qualified.

But that means Vaculik will be thrown out- missed the first 2 GP`s and clearly not fully fit on return and his last 2 GP`s has scored 10 and 18 

Edited by racers and royals

14 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

An attitude that is understandable.

And it is also equally understandable when it is entirely ignored.

As was the case with Emil.

16 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

With Lambert you also have to name Dabik and Smektala, but of course with the number of Poles already in can another two, or even one be considered seriously. If the top 8 stays as it is (no certainty of that) then Doyle, Vaculik will be wild cards and possibly NP too. But that only leaves one space and I would say Robert would be a good choice.

Surely not clear cut that Vaculik gets a pick ahead of Zagar?