British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Kent v Brummies NL Mon 27th Aug

KENT: Paul Hurry, Taylor Hampshire, Nathan Stoneman, Anders Rowe, Jack Thomas, Jamie Couzins, Alex Spooner.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Leon Flint, James Shanes, Sheldon Davies, Josh Embleton.

Looking forward to this one. It will be my first visit to Kent as their start time has always prevented me from making the journey. However its BH so no excuses for not going.

Hoping there will be enough Brummie fans in attendance to make some noise. I really feel we can get something out of this, even a consolation point would be usefull at this point. Should be fun trying at any rate.

See you there?

There will be a big crowd there tonight, so get there early. Last week's attendance against Plymouth was excellent for NL racing.

Guest GiveusaB

Should be a close one....I fancy us to win by 4 points !

We couldn’t win at home so why do you think we can win at their place?

I hope we do but, I think the  difference will be that the Kent reserves will heavily outscore ours so, Kent by 12 or more 

Spooner not fully fit, I fancy the brummies to nick a point. Bacon and shanes are usually excellent at central park.

Guest GiveusaB
41 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

We couldn’t win at home so why do you think we can win at their place?

I hope we do but, I think the  difference will be that the Kent reserves will heavily outscore ours so, Kent by 12 or more 

Something to do with the fact that we have Hume instead of Greenwood ???

Edited by GiveusaB

Last heat decider, i think its a massive neg for kent having hurry in for injured bowen and mr boxhall

Guest GiveusaB

It's about time referees did their job properly and declare tracks unfit/un-safe for racing when the situation arises!!!

Even the updates texter a kent fan said it has been a issue for weeks and yet nothing done and maybe it will now a rider has been stretchered off in a ambulance 

Guest GiveusaB
7 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Even the updates texter a kent fan said it has been a issue for weeks and yet nothing done and maybe it will now a rider has been stretchered off in a ambulance 

You'd have thought that the injury to Bowen would've triggered something?

Excellent meeting tonight with some fantastic racing. The clashes between hurry and shanes were superb.

You gotta feel sorry for Danyon Hume, that kid has absolutely no luck. Last year remember his season ended early through injury, this year he had injured his shoulder when riding for Ipswich. He tries everything to get back quick to an extent where he even pays for private treatment himself to speed up his recovery. Then third meeting into his comeback he "hits a hole" on the track and now has a suspected broken collarbone. Its absolutely unbelievable!

I know we got a great point tonight and are in hunt for the playoffs but this season cant end quick enough for me. Its been injury after injury plus bad luck, we've had the major crash with Mitch Davey, JPB injured, Hume twice and Leon Flint. I dont blame Layne Cupitt at all for deciding to take a break from the sport but it was unfortunate that it happened when his average dropped from 4 to 3, so that was bad luck. Its 2008 over again, that year a really good side was decimated by injury.

Edited by Brummie Kev