British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Kent v Brummies NL Mon 27th Aug

The quality of the racing would have graced any tv screens, some real belting stuff and an important 3 pts. The Hume injury took the buzz out of the occasion.

're the track. In general it's the best it's been, and the racing only backs that up. But for some reason a hole keeps appearing on bend 4 after 10 or so heats. I assume it's a hangover from the poor shale problem clubs faced earlier in the season.

Spoke to Leon for the first time tonight, and what a thoroughly pleasant and mature young man, his mechanical problems he suffered in his first ride was in fact a broken saddle bracket so no surprise he was struggling. 

With the top 4 the brummies have and walker looking far better, you are one ringer 3 pointer away from being unbeatable imo.

On the terraces the brummies fans appreciated the Kent supporters initial reaction to Daynons fall, who were shouting to the track staff and first aiders not to touch him or the bike so he could push home for the point. Unfortunately as it panned out this was not possible, it was nice of Danyons dad? who came back round and gave us a quick update on his condition.

On a positive note an amazing £1122.90 was collected on the evening by both sets of riders for the annual Ben fund collection.

• Like 1

One of the best meetings I've been to for a long time. The amount of passing and general excitement of the racing was brilliant. 

I'm guessing the posters above condemning the track weren't there!

14 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You'd have thought that the injury to Bowen would've triggered something?

The injury to Luke Bowen had nothing to do with the track conditions. It was simply a racing incident when James Shanes attempted to pass Luke on the outside.

The track last night was in good condition and apart from the unfortunate injury to Danyon Hume it was a thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Best wishes to Danyon for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

utter disgrace of a track hope danyon is ok 

Oh please! It's not perfect, but a disgrace?!

Guest GiveusaB

Comments made about the track were simply down to the score update feed.....with one saying that a big hole had been developing on bend 4 for the past few weeks???

My comment about Bowen's injury was merely aimed at making the track safe/fit for racing.....I wasn't suggesting that it was in the same place? I wouldn't know, I wasn't there ?

If Danyon came off because of a 'big hole' (not my words/description) then surely the safety of the surface is questionable, regardless of whether the racing was good/bad ?

What do you? put a traffic cone out where the hole is and say ride around this part lads otherwise there's a chance you'll come off and break your collarbone?

Unlike some of the posters, I WAS at the meeting and it was one of the best meetings I have seen in many a day. As to the

remarks about the track. I was talking after the meeting to a member of the track staff.  He told me that the track was under water 

first thing in the morning with rain all day on Sunday.  He had spent all day ( apart from during the Dog meeting) drying the track in

time for racing. No riders got in any trouble with conditions, far from it, that is until the last part of the meeting when  a soft patch

seemed to appear on bend 3/4. It did not affect most riders, but one or two, including the unfortunate Danyon Hume, were caught out.

My guess is that the previous day's rain had softened some parts of the track. To call it disgraceful is far from the truth.  I have seen

many tracks start their meetings  in much worse conditions. The Kent track has been very good on every occasion I have visited 

this year ( about 6 times). I was a happy contributor to a very big Ben' Fund collection. A very worthy cause..

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Unlike some of the posters, I WAS at the meeting and it was one of the best meetings I have seen in many a day. As to the

remarks about the track. I was talking after the meeting to a member of the track staff.  He told me that the track was under water 

first thing in the morning with rain all day on Sunday.  He had spent all day ( apart from during the Dog meeting) drying the track in

time for racing. No riders got in any trouble with conditions, far from it, that is until the last part of the meeting when  a soft patch

seemed to appear on bend 3/4. It did not affect most riders, but one or two, including the unfortunate Danyon Hume, were caught out.

My guess is that the previous day's rain had softened some parts of the track. To call it disgraceful is far from the truth.  I have seen

many tracks start their meetings  in much worse conditions. The Kent track has been very good on every occasion I have visited 

this year ( about 6 times). I was a happy contributor to a very big Ben' Fund collection. A very worthy cause..

It is when conditions become patchy that anyone taking part in motor sport gets caught out. When tracks are all wet/dry; they can adapt. Dry one place, damp the next and problems ensue and riders/drivers need to be extra careful.

Unfortunate for Danyon that he was caught out

Not surprised the track was underwater - it was very wet on Sunday.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, GiveusaB said:

Comments made about the track were simply down to the score update feed.....with one saying that a big hole had been developing on bend 4 for the past few weeks???

My comment about Bowen's injury was merely aimed at making the track safe/fit for racing.....I wasn't suggesting that it was in the same place? I wouldn't know, I wasn't there ?

If Danyon came off because of a 'big hole' (not my words/description) then surely the safety of the surface is questionable, regardless of whether the racing was good/bad ?

What do you? put a traffic cone out where the hole is and say ride around this part lads otherwise there's a chance you'll come off and break your collarbone?

Suggest you view the video of heat 5 now posted on the GB and Kent websites so that you can see the overall condition of the track and the quality of the racing.