British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Sheffield 31.08.2018 7.30pm

Page 6 of the Scunthorpe v sheffield thread and there are more posts about James shanes non appearance ? Well done James you have been mentioned more times for a non appearance than you would if you scored a maximum. Good luck in the long track mate  !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, screm said:

What a load of bollox. Phillips is struggling as he states and riding worse than a lot of NL riders they can probably get in. So Godfrey abusing his own rules. Or i suppose he's found a loophole 

Danny Phillips gets dropped after transfer deadline day  ?  Not injured so what rule says Scunthorpe can replace him ? No doubt someone on here will have knowledge of the rule that deems it ok to replace him ? We might be able to fill another 6 pages !!!!

1 minute ago, Charlieboy said:

Danny Phillips gets dropped after transfer deadline day  ?  Not injured so what rule says Scunthorpe can replace him ? No doubt someone on here will have knowledge of the rule that deems it ok to replace him ? We might be able to fill another 6 pages !!!!

No replacement allowed.  It's NL guests not riding in the Premiership or Championship for the rest of the season.

While leaving Danny Phillips with no club and no option to look for a club. 

Godfrey once again showing his class. Him and buster deserve each other 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

No replacement allowed.  It's NL guests not riding in the Premiership or Championship for the rest of the season.

So just pick someone like George Wood who has just scored a fifteen point maximum for Eastbourne today.

2 minutes ago, RS50 said:

So just pick someone like George Wood who has just scored a fifteen point maximum for Eastbourne today.

Well, no, look at the averages.  How can a 2.32 rider replace a 2.00 rider?

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

Well, no, look at the averages.  How can a 2.32 rider replace a 2.00 rider?

Ok I did not check his average but the point I am making is that it gives Rob scope to pick whoever is on the best form or goes well at a particular track.

Voluntarily going with 'no facility' should not be an option

Dropping Phillips should mean they should have go with 6 riders only and run 3 heats with only 1 rider

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Voluntarily going with 'no facility' should not be an option

Dropping Phillips should mean they should have go with 6 riders only and run 3 heats with only 1 rider 

Some would argue they've been doing that since March anyway

Jordan Jenkins by far the best option when Mildenhall Commitments allow.

Edited by Fozzie4388

Danny should have been binned five monthe ago, when it was clear that he would never make the Champioship league.     I have been saying this since May, how anyone can condemn supporters and Rob for having had enough of him,  20 odd races and he has not scored a bloody point, I left against Ipswichafter they realled of 6 x 5-1, yesterday we didnot bother goin against Sheffield, the reserves scored 3 points from 10 rides which I have said many times, less that being pathetic.

The problem is that Rob has always included a dummy at reserve since 2012, and he will probably do so enext season.  PhILLIPS has not only been getting his own rides, he has also beentaking R/R races.

Godd luck to the lad, but I am very glad to see him gone, he must have cost the promotion a lot of cash,not in points money, but with supporters having seen enough.

8 hours ago, Blackadder said:

The facility for James Shanes is something that the SCB should comment on.

The main point is that 1 of the management committee seems to have been granted permission to break the rules (again). Which could benefit his team Sheffield. As it means that if Sheffield win at Redcar by 6 points or more next Friday they will be off the bottom of the League and give Redcar the wooden spoon again (unless Redcar can get at least a point at Workington in their last away meeting, which is unlikely).

Seems very unfair to me, but it always seems to happen. Hope the 2 members of the management committee involved in this meeting had nothing to do with the decision.

Good luck to Redcar in their appeal. Problem is I don't think Redcar promoter Kevin Keay is in the inner circle.    

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Ok I did not check his average but the point I am making is that it gives Rob scope to pick whoever is on the best form or goes well at a particular track.

What a shock. Someone on the forum having a go at Rob while not knowing the rules themselves.