British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Warsaw 2019

This was added to the calendar recently although tickets yet to be made available.

Any suggestions of hotels in Warsaw which are reasonably priced & have car parking would be appreciated.

Also, when the tickets for the event are made available where is the best area to sit for view?

24 minutes ago, Col said:

This was added to the calendar recently although tickets yet to be made available.

Any suggestions of hotels in Warsaw which are reasonably priced & have car parking would be appreciated.

Also, when the tickets for the event are made available where is the best area to sit for view?

Try booking.com - if you want a centre hotel you will have to pay to park a car- i wouldn`t leave it too long as now the date is out the hotels are busy for that weekend.

Also keep an eye out for the date the tickets go on sale and get in quick- having been once you get a decent view from all the seats however it`s a big stadium  and the cheaper seats are a fair way from the action.(2018 ticket info here https://sgpnarodowy.pl/en/tickets/)

Edited by racers and royals

I do not see any confirmation from SGP organizers that any date has been set in concrete yet for Warsaw 2019, would wait until that comes through first, if the date is as said on another thread is true, then the official notification should come through this week, am going myself so am waiting for the confirmed date so I can book my flights and Hotel, should imagine the tickets will not be available for a few weeks yet, if anyone is looking for a hotel try the Novotel hotel in the city centre, I did in 2018, great hotel, twenty minutes walk from the stadium.

2 minutes ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

I do not see any confirmation from SGP organizers that any date has been set in concrete yet for Warsaw 2019, would wait until that comes through first, if the date is as said on another thread is true, then the official notification should come through this week, am going myself so am waiting for the confirmed date so I can book my flights and Hotel, should imagine the tickets will not be available for a few weeks yet, if anyone is looking for a hotel try the Novotel hotel in the city centre, I did in 2018, great hotel, twenty minutes walk from the stadium.

The date is on the GP website under 2019 dates- May 18th

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The date is on the GP website under 2019 dates- May 18th

My apologies, just seen it , on with booking now for the event.

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

i wouldn`t leave it too long as now the date is out the hotels are busy for that weekend.

I assumed hotels would go as fast as Cardiff on GP weekend, but got one for $91 for the Friday & Saturday.  I know it can only be speculative but how likely is there to be a reasonable fixture on the Sunday?  

30 minutes ago, Col said:

I assumed hotels would go as fast as Cardiff on GP weekend, but got one for $91 for the Friday & Saturday.  I know it can only be speculative but how likely is there to be a reasonable fixture on the Sunday?  

This season they left the Sunday blank of league matches- maybe next season will be different- however i`m sure there will be a meeting on somewhere close on the Sunday. This year Poland v Denmark was held at Czestochowa, Poznan had a league match and a big individual meeting was scheduled for Leszno.

Guess it is wait & see. I will probably only sort the flight out before anything else gets announced. Hoping there is a meeting at Czestochowa as it's not that far to drive & a track I've not been to before.

With this Warsaw Polish Grand Prix been held a week later than in 2018,  I can only presume that with the following weekend being a Bank holiday, the Prague GP, ( if there is one), will be held later on in the season with a new date.

Can not see GP's being held on consecutive weekends, its not the normal way the FIM do things, I really do hope the Prague GP does take place, it's a great place to go.

6 minutes ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

With this Warsaw Polish Grand Prix been held a week later than in 2018,  I can only presume that with the following weekend being a Bank holiday, the Prague GP, ( if there is one), will be held later on in the season with a new date.

Can not see GP's being held on consecutive weekends, its not the normal way the FIM do things, I really do hope the Prague GP does take place, it's a great place to go.

It`s probably a week later because there will be one on April 27th or May 4th

Horsens & Halstavik were on consecutive weekends this year.

If they do indeed schedule Prague the week after Warsaw I will probably adjust travel plans and do both in one trip, makes sense.

Edited by Col

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Col said:

Pm me ill give you details of the hotel I stayed at SON, walking distance to stadium