British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish play-offs 2018

Thomsen wa unconscious for a while. He ha regained consciousness but are disoriented. He will be taken to hospital.

Dackarna chose to meet Västervik.

Next week;

Dackarna - Västervik and Smederna - Rospiggarna. 

Congratulations to Vastervik, tremendous meeting to watch on TV. Ljung & Madsen (surprised me) were excellent entertainment.

Vetlanda's chances evaporated in heat 3 with Jonassons exclusion & Madsens bike problem. Fair play to the team manager, he did everything possible with the TSs available.

Except for Pedersen the GP riders on show didn't have a good nights.

Edited by Col

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, racers and royals said:

He rode yesterday and whilst not at his best didn`t seem inconvenienced by the injury. 

I think you will find Fred is very inconvenienced by his injury.

As Ghostie has already posted Smederna v Rospiggarna meet each other next Tuesday 11th September in the semi 1st leg and is the TV match which is live on Freesports starting at 6pm UK time - the other semi 1st leg next Tuesday is Dackarna v Vastervik(Dackarna have  chosen to be at home 1st)

3127 at Vastervik yesterday

Edited by racers and royals

6 hours ago, neb said:

I think you will find Fred is very inconvenienced by his injury.

It certainly is not effecting his riding too much as 1 minute ago i watched him come from the back in heat 1 last night to beat his brother and Woffy.

Just finished watching Smederna v Indianerna and it certainly wasn`t the best match i have ever seen- attendance confirmed as 6215 which is a superb effort from the fans.

No idea what Pepe was doing falling in heat 5 he was comfortably in the lead and must have just lost concentration.

As for heat 11 certainly was Thomsen`s fault - however rather than them racing themselves,  i thought  that Lindgren slowed quicker than Thomsen after the line and Thomsen chose the wrong line and hit his team partner.

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

No idea what Pepe was doing falling in heat 5 he was comfortably in the lead and must have just lost concentration.

I am absolutely not sure but I think I heard Stephen Zetterwall mention a broken chain. I haven't seen any replays but IMO it look the bike just got stuck and threw Pepe off.

2 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I am absolutely not sure but I think I heard Stephen Zetterwall mention a broken chain. I haven't seen any replays but IMO it look the bike just got stuck and threw Pepe off.

It looked as if he just over locked it- but it happened real quick, so i’m not completely sure.

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It certainly is not effecting his riding too much as 1 minute ago i watched him come from the back in heat 1 last night to beat his brother and Woffy.

but he withdrew after his third ride.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:07 PM, racers and royals said:

He rode yesterday and whilst not at his best didn`t seem inconvenienced by the injury. 

He said after the meeting that he didn't have full strength in his hand and since the meeting was already won it was better to rest then ride in a heat with no meaning.
--------
Smederna have received allot of criticism for the traffic chaos that occurred when people left the arena after Thomsen's crash.
This caused the access road to be blocked for the ambulance that was coming from the hospital which resulted in a long delay
for the ambulance to arrive. It takes about 8-10 minutes for an ambulance to the arena from the hospital. Rest of the time was to
get in from the main road to the arena.

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Will it be in English ?;)

It will mainly be in Swedish but I would think they accept questions/comments in English too. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker