British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish play-offs 2018

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Just watched Rospiggarna v Smederna not a classic by any means. Smederna just seemed faster than the home team all night. Hopefully should be a really good final. Dackarna picked the home leg first when they could have had it 2nd. Should be 2 massive crowds next Tuesday/Wednesday- over 7000 at each leg would be my guess.

I got slagged by some Poole fans for saying it was a good idea for Somerset to ride the first semi final leg at home. It went against tradition and didn't work out well.   The obvious downside is if the home team ride below par as Somerset did.  Upside if you ride well to get a big lead leaving the opposition a mountain to climb in the 2nd leg.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I got slagged by some Poole fans for saying it was a good idea for Somerset to ride the first semi final leg at home. It went against tradition and didn't work out well.   The obvious downside is if the home team ride below par as Somerset did.  Upside if you ride well to get a big lead leaving the opposition a mountain to climb in the 2nd leg.

Obviously it worked out well for Dackarna in the semi- however to win the league in front of your own fans rather than Smederna`s i would have thought would be best.- at least there will be lots of Dackarna fans in Eskilstuna on Wednesday that`s for sure.

Just now, racers and royals said:

Obviously it worked out well for Dackarna in the semi- however to win the league in front of your own fans rather than Smederna`s i would have thought would be best.- at least there will be lots of Dackarna fans in Eskilstuna on Wednesday that`s for sure.

maybe with Tuesday being a normal race night Dackarma felt they would get a huge home crowd Tuesday but not Wednesday.   Guessing !

Fantastic performance by Smederna on Tuesday night it proves once again that their riders have a never-say-die to disappointing results.  :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Joel Kling must be a big doubt for both final legs this week after crashing today in Lublin.

According to Joel himself on Dackarna's facebook page, sore and pain from the ribs. Luckily there doesn't seem to be any fractures or serious injury.

-------
First post updated with line-ups for tomorrow. Wednesday's line-ups will be available tonight at 21.00 Swedish time.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Hello from the studio - are we all ready for the final showdown?

Line-ups for tomorrow added to first post.

A little over two hours to go to final 1. Dackarna are clear favourites to win. They have been solid all season long and Andersen at
reserves is a key factor. Smederna's riders have been a little more up and down but they do have Jerker and Jarl.

What channel & time are we on tonight please. I dont want to end up starting watching at heat 10 again! DOH

9 minutes ago, NOBODY said:

What channel & time are we on tonight please. I dont want to end up starting watching at heat 10 again! DOH

Freesports live at 6pm- however for the 2nd leg tomorrow it’s live on Premier sports and not on Freesports until 11pm

Gotcha....thanks.

5 minutes ago, NOBODY said:

Gotcha....thanks.

You should really be looking at the speedway news and discussions section- speedway on TV and the internet thread - post 1 updated by me almost daily.

Andersen pointing to his partner to go round the inside.      Classic showboating.

Why do we never see a rider pointing to his partner to ride on the outside ?     :D

Edited by Mark

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Andersen pointing to his partner to go round the inside.      Classic showboating.

Why do we never see a rider pointing to his partner to ride on the outside ?     :D

would guess its not easy with it being the throttle hand

• Like 1