British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Somerset v Kings Lynn Tuesday September 4th

No reason he wouldn’t ride in heat 15. Not as though he is defending the WC. To make every effort to win the meeting then not ride in heat 15 is bizarre in the extreme. If I was a travelling Rebels fan I would be fuming.

• Like 1

The meeting Tuesday is now effectively a dead rubber after the Rebels defeat tonight.

Strange decision Doyle not coming out in heat 15 there must be a valid reason. 

Apparently he had strained his back earlier and wasn't fit to take another ride in 15

Interesting meeting this.  Following the Rebels Mondays defeat at Leicester,  this match  could determine the league winners.  All the Stars need is to draw this match to be assured of  top spot.    But this is a big ask.  Riding without Niels is a big factor,  he usually goes well here, and Proctor pulling out last night could be a problem...  Missing  2 heatleaders will be tough.  

No doubt the Stars will battle hard to continue their run, but the odds are stacked against them.    I believe  these two teams will meet again, when the result will be much more important  than it is tonight..  We should use this opportunity as an insight to what lies ahead.     Most important is we come through this meeting with all the riders unscarred.   

No need for Lynn to take unnecessary risks tonight, whatever happens six points tomorrow against Leicester should be enough to claim top spot. With Proctor likely to be out the last thing we need are more injuries.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No reason he wouldn’t ride in heat 15. Not as though he is defending the WC. To make every effort to win the meeting then not ride in heat 15 is bizarre in the extreme. If I was a travelling Rebels fan I would be fuming.

Same could be said about those few Poole fans that travelled last week.As a few Poole posters said the whole team made no effort:shock:

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No need for Lynn to take unnecessary risks tonight, whatever happens six points tomorrow against Leicester should be enough to claim top spot. With Proctor likely to be out the last thing we need are more injuries.

Would be happy with a point but without two heat leaders will be tough.As you say two wins tomorrow or even a win and a draw will be enough.Proctor is missing tomorrow night too.

Incidentally K.Lynn got a lot of flack over this re-arrangement,didn't realize Somerset postponed this fixture originally because of the World Cup football.I assumed it was the weather so Somerset must share some of the blame in this i would have thought:rolleyes:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

There are many reasons why he wouldn’t. The natural one appears to be aggravated back injury which has been reported and we know he has had crashes in recent weeks. Perfectly understandable.

• Like 1

Stirring as usual

He jarred his back again in heat 13 against Nicholls, the same injury he incurred riding Pooles dangerous track the other week.

Kings Lynn had already won, he didnt need to risk himself further. Somerset unlikely to top the table and wether they come first or second they would have the easier tie against Poole anyway. 

And no he cant win the world title but he wants to stay in the top 8 , he will undoubtedly get a wildcard but better to make sure

Why would the travelling Rebels fans be fuming?  You make no sense. Lets say Woryna picks up a minor injury in his first or second ride. Would you want him to carry on and risk further injury or would you rather he rested for the important play off matches?? 

Try looking closer to home for riders cheating their travelling support. You and other Poole fans were very vocal about Poole riders 'not needing to try' at Kings Lynn, but yet you come on here and say Doyle cheated Somerset fans...........you really are laughable

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stirring as usual

He jarred his back again in heat 13 against Nicholls, the same injury he incurred riding Pooles dangerous track the other week.

Kings Lynn had already won, he didnt need to risk himself further. Somerset unlikely to top the table and wether they come first or second they would have the easier tie against Poole anyway. 

And no he cant win the world title but he wants to stay in the top 8 , he will undoubtedly get a wildcard but better to make sure

Why would the travelling Rebels fans be fuming?  You make no sense. Lets say Woryna picks up a minor injury in his first or second ride. Would you want him to carry on and risk further injury or would you rather he rested for the important play off matches?? 

Try looking closer to home for riders cheating their travelling support. You and other Poole fans were very vocal about Poole riders 'not needing to try' at Kings Lynn, but yet you come on here and say Doyle cheated Somerset fans...........you really are laughable

So he won't be riding tonight then?

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So he won't be riding tonight then?

They can use our no 1 then :t: