British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Somerset v Kings Lynn Tuesday September 4th

If the final turns out to be Somerset v Kings Lynn, can’t see past an easy Somerset win over the 2 legs. Both trying to outdo each other with doctored tracks. Lynn making it ultra grippy and Somerset making it the inside line only.

Might not make a thrilling final though.

Somerset definitely threw the meeting tonight, not putting Doyle in heat 15!!!

Shovlar style of thinking

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A very average meeting tonight on a one line track. KL will be a totally different team if they meet again at the OTA.

I couldn’t see any obvious signs of Doyle’s injury tonight - he won heat 6 by half a straight!

Bradders rode well after last night as did Jake and Aaron. A decent crowd for a Tuesday as well.

29 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Kings Lynn threw the meeting tonight!

31 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Tonight, are you for real Hone. ? They had hammered Lynn by heat 13..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

If Kings Lynn pick Swindon in the unlikely scenario that Belle Vue bottle it.

Results so far  

Swindon 48-42 Kings Lynn

Swindon 52-38 Kings Lynn

Kings Lynn 51-39 Swindon 

Kings Lynn 49-41 Swindon 

Very tight and pressure will be on Kings Lynn.

Swindon will not make the play off's.

Somerset won't be fooled by this drubbing. it will have no relevance  in the play-off.    This was a one off,  when so many of the Stars riders  didn't perform.   Starting without 2 of our heatleaders, it was always going  to be difficult .    Added to that  Jorgensen, Simon Lambert, and Riss  all had off nights and even our  talisman  could only muster 1win in this torrid performance.   Hopefully, all was not lost,  at least  the riders experienced first hand, the one line track preparation,     Rest assured  when or if they meet in the  PO  it will be a far different affair then it was last night.

I wasn't expecting any points or favours  from  this meeting,     I thought it would be a comfortable home win.      Yes the gap was much wider then I imagined ,   but in the end  I don't think it mattered as long as we live to fight another day...

Well done the REBELS , you done all that was asked of you....

Oh well, that's that one out of the way.   Onto  tonight and Leicester.

Interesting play-off meetings ahead..... Somerset v Poole...Not sure what to make of this one... Somerset with the top end strength with Poole strong at the bottom end.   Wont be a lot in it. Might come down to who chokes.  Now we all know who are the past masters of that !

Kings Lynn v Belle Vue..... I don't see  this as the shoe in that some are suggesting.  Fricke and Cook can match Lambert and NKI, so it could all come down to the engine rooms of each side.   As Lynn have never had a sniff of a league Title  History comes out on the side of The Aces.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the final turns out to be Somerset v Kings Lynn, can’t see past an easy Somerset win over the 2 legs. Both trying to outdo each other with doctored tracks. Lynn making it ultra grippy and Somerset making it the inside line only.

I think who ever the 4 teams are in the play offs, they will try and prepare their track to suit the home team. Wouldn't they be silly not to ?

Lets hope the tide don't go out half way through Pooles final,  if they get there, taking bits of the track with it ;)

1 hour ago, semion said:

Interesting play-off meetings ahead..... Somerset v Poole...Not sure what to make of this one... Somerset with the top end strength with Poole strong at the bottom end.   Wont be a lot in it. Might come down to who chokes.  Now we all know who are the past masters of that !

If you are insinuating Poole are regular “chokers”, I suggest you look up just how many league titles we have won since 2000, including three on the bounce.B)

Please remind me again how many titles Kings Lynn have won in that period? Struggling to think of one.:unsure:

• Like 1

3 out of the 4 have never won league so i think Poole should be favs.

13 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Without Bewley

Somerset are favourites

keep dreaming :rofl:

So was Somerset the gaters paradise again like it was against Poole on the tv so gating is absolutely imperative?  No racing?

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The winner of such a "doctored tracks" final will NOT be fans, who will yet again be denied seeing serious racing in what at all costs speedway.

Never nice to be on the end of a hiding but in the grand scheme of things it probably won’t matter as the hard work was done on Monday evening and unless there are a couple of unlikely results tonight top spot is all but secured. The main aims should have been to come through in one piece and get an idea of the set ups and lines  for a potential return in the Play Offs. It was always going to be a tough assignment with two heat leaders absent.

That said those who rode last night will need to pull their collective fingers out for any play off meeting at the OTA. Just like Poole at Lynn last week I’m pretty sure next time would be a very different performance and result.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1