British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Somerset v Kings Lynn Tuesday September 4th

49 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The winner of such a "doctored tracks" final will NOT be fans, who will yet again be denied seeing serious racing in what at all costs speedway.

what at all costs speedway!

1 hour ago, Trees said:

So was Somerset the gaters paradise again like it was against Poole on the tv so gating is absolutely imperative?  No racing?

That is how Gary May likes it apparently .

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the final turns out to be Somerset v Kings Lynn, can’t see past an easy Somerset win over the 2 legs. Both trying to outdo each other with doctored tracks. Lynn making it ultra grippy and Somerset making it the inside line only.

Might not make a thrilling final though.

Of course the lumps, bumps and holes of Wimborne Road fit nicely into this argument too. Let’s hope Belle Vue don’t bugger about with their magnificent track eh?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Of course the lumps, bumps and holes of Wimborne Road fit nicely into this argument too. Let’s hope Belle Vue don’t bugger about with their magnificent track eh?

Well at least they make it interesting! 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you are insinuating Poole are regular “chokers”, I suggest you look up just how many league titles we have won since 2000, including three on the bounce.B)

Please remind me again how many titles Kings Lynn have won in that period? Struggling to think of one.:unsure:

Leave them alone Steve. They cannot think of anything sensible to say so they come out with the old line. No such thing as choking when you get to this stage.. Thats all i will say..

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Leave them alone Steve. They cannot think of anything sensible to say so they come out with the old line. No such thing as choking when you get to this stage.. Thats all i will say..

I don't think Kurtz will choke. I think he's been dropping his average, while Poole have reached the play offs.

Looks to be a cracking end to the season.

May the best team win..

43 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think Kurtz will choke. I think he's been dropping his average, while Poole have reached the play offs.

Looks to be a cracking end to the season.

May the best team win..

Why would he want to do that. He gets paid by the point. Not scoring not earning, he's not been earning a whole lot in Poland either.. Good riders do not become bad riders overnight.

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

The winner of such a "doctored tracks" final will NOT be fans, who will yet again be denied seeing serious racing in what at all costs speedway.

I wouldnt be employing you as my PRO

10 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Why would he want to do that. He gets paid by the point. Not scoring not earning, he's not been earning a whole lot in Poland either.. Good riders do not become bad riders overnight.

So do you not think Matt could pay him an agreed amount regardless of score so that he can be fitted into the team next year, providing the team reaches its objective an individual riders score does not matter .

Maybe if Rosco had done something similar with certain riders at the start of the season Swindon could have bought in a better reserve for the majority of the season.  I would have done that. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

So do you not think Matt could pay him an agreed amount regardless of score so that he can be fitted into the team next year, providing the team reaches its objective an individual riders score does not matter .

Maybe if Rosco had done something similar with certain riders at the start of the season Swindon could have bought in a better reserve for the majority of the season.  I would have done that. 

Im not party to any of what they get fixed or points. But im sure that either way, Brady would want to perfom better for his own self esteem. Remember, he's having a mare in Poland as well, and you know what they are like.

Riders are dropping their averages in many teams, ready for a likely reduced team limit next year.