British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich v Scunthorpe Ch 30-8-18 @ 7-30pm

I got on the spanners by offering to help a rider at an away meeting when I saw him trying to load the bikes into his van on his own, and it went on from there.

Even if Gino had someone had someone to top up the fuel and change an edge would be a massive help, I'm surprised he can't find someone to do things like that.  

Edited by Baldyman

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I got on the spanners by offering to help a rider at an away meeting when I saw him trying to load the bikes into his van on his own, and it went on from there.

Even if Gino had someone had someone to top up the fuel and change an edge would be a massive help, I'm surprised he can't find someone to do things like that.  

I'm sure I saw 2 guys in his pits last night:unsure:, were they other riders mechanics then??

I don't know...all I can say is he put a tweet out saying he was sick and tired of doing it on his own. 

At home, there seems to be more people in the pit area so more hands make light work. For away meetings is the area where he has been struggling as mechanics, maybe, cannot give up their spare time.

It's not as though a mechanic will travel home and away though All the time.  There are a few local to the Ipswich area that are on hand to help whoever is in need. Danny King has been helping Garcia at away matches. Campton has been to Foxhall this year with a fellow rider helping him. Heeps and Jacobs used to help each other in the early days.. as I'm sure others do. Is Gino really just a black sheep?

I'm sure if he would have put a tweet out there even a fan is capable of doing the basic things and would enjoy a night in the pits.  

That's next week's competition.... rather than looking through Danny Kings dirty kit bag,  the winner gets to put fuel in the bikes and change helmet colours and tear offs! 

A couple of things about how good drew is for his age and experience is the fact that he can ride inside and outside..and what's most impressive to me is he puts the bike where he wants it to go...a lot of young riders are just basically hanging on and go where the bike wants to go.

Just look at the bike control difference between Drew and Danyon for example.

I honestly believe he could be one of...if not the best British rider of all time, it's staggering how good he is already after such a short time racing. I'm just hoping he doesn't outgrow the witches as soon as I think he could. 

• Like 1

Not from this meeting, but the Speedway GB twitter feed has just linked this one from Monday. Another stinker of a gate, but another cracking ride. This lad is going to entertain up and down the country for years if he stays fit and healthy. 

These two clips make him look a poor gater but he actually isn’t. He’s inconsistent from the gate, but I’ve seen him make plenty of blinders this season too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

A couple of things about how good drew is for his age and experience is the fact that he can ride inside and outside..and what's most impressive to me is he puts the bike where he wants it to go...a lot of young riders are just basically hanging on and go where the bike wants to go.

Just look at the bike control difference between Drew and Danyon for example.

I honestly believe he could be one of...if not the best British rider of all time, it's staggering how good he is already after such a short time racing. I'm just hoping he doesn't outgrow the witches as soon as I think he could. 

Drew is a huge talent, but give the kid a break - don't heap the pressure on him.

• Like 1