British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Somerset vs Wolves 29/08/18

FANS' FAVOURITE Kyle Howarth has been passed fit for Wolverhampton's Premiership trip to Somerset on Wednesday (7.30).

The Mancunian will take up his regular No.2 position at The Oaktree Arena despite crashing out of Monday's home win over Belle Vue.

Meanwhile club bosses have confirmed rider replacement will operate at No.1 for the Parrys International Wolves with skipper Rory Schlein ruled out on medical grounds.

Team Manager Peter Adams said: "We did explore several options in regards to using a guest for Rory, but none of the suitable candidates we identified are available for one reason or another.

"So we go with rider replacement and we know this is another opportunity for us to try and get that much needed win on the road.

"We've got a wonderful team spirit at Wolverhampton and spirits are certainly high within the camp after such a remarkable turnaround against Belle Vue on Monday."

SOMERSET: Jason Doyle, Aaron Summers, Nico Covatti, Adam Ellis, Jack Holder, Todd Kurtz, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen.

WOLVERHAMPTON: Rory Schlein R/R, Kyle Howarth, Jonas B Andersen, Sam Masters, Jacob Thorssell, Ashley Morris, James Sarjeant.

Curtesy of Wolves twitter account/website

Edited by lisa-colette

My heart says we can do it but my head says a comfortable home win for the rebels. Really hope my heart is right as it would put us right back in the playoff picture. Every one of our riders will need to be on form to pull it off though.

Home win, another pointless away trip for Wolves methinks.

Rebels by 14.

Bearing in mind, the show Wolves put on last week,  when on the road without Rory,    I can only see a comfortable home win .

Unfortunately  :wink: 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Assuming the weather isn't the winner here, this should be a big home win.

No rain forcast is there.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Can only see a big victory imho. NKB is arguably stronger than BWD atm looking at his scores for Leicester and with no Schlien for Wolves it puts pressure on the rest. Masters and Thorsell are capable of taking no. 1 rides and Howarth who rides the Oak Tree well but Andersen having to take a no. 1 ride. 

I'm going 56-34 our top end and reserves are so much stronger. 

Can't see us getting anything out of this, did I just say that. Lol. Day out by the seaside before going back to work tomorrow after 6 weeks off.

• Like 1

I can't see any chance of Wolves winning tonight none what so ever.  I thought exactly the same when Belle Vue rode there a couple of weeks ago.