British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Somerset vs Wolves 29/08/18

5 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Still looking for a texter, can anyone help please?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

WOLVES LOOK MORE INTERESTED IN LOWERING THEIR AVE FOR 2019

Think Poole are doing the same :blink:

Masters 9+1, Thorssell 7, Howarth 6, Morris 6, Anderson 2, Sarjeant 1

At this rate they could enter the Championship without making any changes 

Edited by INCOGNITO
  • Like 1

Despite the scoreline this was a pretty decent meeting with plenty of passing, no re-runs and no fallers! JD and Jack may have maxed out but it wasn't easy as Doyley came from the back at least twice and i reckon you will see Jack's stunning chase and pass on Kyle in heat 13 on Speedway GB website very soon! Both Rebels had so much speed to pass as they wanted/needed, inside or outside.

All the Rebels were solid with the three guests putting in a good shift. NBJ sussed the track quickly on what is possibly his first visit there and Todd was very good all night. Adam started well but think had a bike issue in heat 14. Nico and Aaron had solid if not spectacular nights and were both well on the pace.

For Wolves Thorsell was awful for first two races but got better and had some good tussles with Doyley. Howarth tried his heart out for not much reward, Andersen was poor but might have had bike problems too. Masters for a former Somerset rider wasn't as good as i had expected him to be. Morris looked good when he gated and Sarjeant had a good ride as well. Only 3 points coming from Rory's R/R was the downfall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

WOLVES LOOK MORE INTERESTED IN LOWERING THEIR AVE FOR 2019

We have nothing to ride for so why not?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

What on earth are you talking about?

They had absolutely everything to ride for!

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

What nonsense, could still have qualified for the playoffs if you had won tonight :nono:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

To be fair, you said that the Colts could beat Wolves on Monday (only partly in joke, I suspect).

You're right that they had everything to ride for, but the chances of them actually getting anything were pretty small.

imagine if somerset had Lawson and  thier reserves allen and S R , looking good for crown if doyley stays fit and on it like he has been !

I expected an home win  but thought Wolves would put up a better show than that.    I noticed the Rebels used 3 guests that scored half their pints  ( just about)  and that Rory  rides only brought in a few.    Sometimes things just fall into place,.    

Wolves,    just like Poole, were last night in the wrong place at the wrong time... 

I think Wolves will have a better season next year they are still adjusting to life without PK (on and latterly more off the track )no Freddie this season has had an impact  but they are  relatively young side and will be up there next year I am sure .

10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

9 hours ago, womble53 said:

What nonsense, could still have qualified for the playoffs if you had won tonight :nono:

Seriously, you both think we have or had a cat in hells chance of making the top 4? I’ll have whatever you both were drinking.

As plenty have pointed out our away form has been pathetic. In with a chance with many away meetings until the 2nd half then fall away badly. You suddenly believe we are going to start winning away now?

We had, realistically no chance since last Wednesday.