British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Somerset vs Wolves 29/08/18

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What will it be then? As, wouldn't BT sport want more teams in the top league?

Riders won't be able to afford to ride in 1 league.The likes of Harris Nicholls Howarth Schlein Worralls for instance would drop from having about 64 meetings this season to half of that in one league as they not ride abroad.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

64?

Did you mean 44?

64 bit high maybe but 28 league plus ko cup in premiership if rye house still been involved.20 league plus ko cup in championship and don't they have a regional competition at start of season.So looking at mid 50s meetings.

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Riders won't be able to afford to ride in 1 league.The likes of Harris Nicholls Howarth Schlein Worralls for instance would drop from having about 64 meetings this season to half of that in one league as they not ride abroad.

Tough. That shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever.

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Tough. That shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever.

It will though, the riders won't take a massive pay cut without a fight. Just look at Scott Nicholls when he was told he couldn't ride in the championship this season

10 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

It will though, the riders won't take a massive pay cut without a fight. Just look at Scott Nicholls when he was told he couldn't ride in the championship this season

Very different situation.

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

BT (as per Sky) want a 'top' league as it looks better in their portfolio of sports for advertising revenue!!

Tell BT to do one who are they to dictate ? they are paying peanuts anyway  the. Sport needs drastic changes.

17 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

They should get a job then , just like riders used to do in years gone by

On 8/31/2018 at 3:54 AM, Pinny said:

Very odd comment Steve brum, surely youd rather see your team fight until the end? A couple of good results and Wolves would be in the hot seat for the play offs. 

It’s the comments of a realist. We have been needing away wins now for the past few weeks to have a chance and the last few results have been terrible. I’d love Wolves to make the top 4, of course I would. We aren’t in very good form and got 3 riders injured or carrying injuries (roo, Nathan, kyle). The likelihood is pretty remote. If we get any points away I might change my mind tho.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:57 PM, Skidder1 said:

It won't be one big league in 2019!!

I really hope that’s the case. Dreadful consequences if it was to go that way

Edited by stevebrum
Missed information

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Skidder1 said:

BT (as per Sky) want a 'top' league as it looks better in their portfolio of sports for advertising revenue!!

If one more team opts out and there is no top league. I can't see any teams wanting to step up. Unless Poole run team A and Team B.. Double the chance of winning the league. Matt would be buzzing :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If one more team opts out and there is no top league. I can't see any teams wanting to step up. Unless Poole run team A and Team B.. Double the chance of winning the league. Matt would be buzzing :P

Plus the way teams moving up have often been shafted by the way the Premier league is run I cannot see many, or any, wanting to move up to increase the numbers unless there are large payments from tv available. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Plus the way teams moving up have often been shafted by the way the Premier league is run I cannot see many, or any, wanting to move up to increase the numbers unless there are large payments from tv available. 

Somerset were given Doyle this season - hardly shafted

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Somerset were given Doyle this season - hardly shafted

Somerset were already in the top league before JD went there.  Was thinking more about Rye House and others encouraged up in the past 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Somerset were already in the top league before JD went there.  Was thinking more about Rye House and others encouraged up in the past 

I think both Somerset and Rye House came up at the same time.  Leicester just before the two

Somerset and Rye House only came up last season to replace Coventry and Lakeside. Leicester have been in since 2014