British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Somerset vs Wolves 29/08/18

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Seriously, you both think we have or had a cat in hells chance of making the top 4? I’ll have whatever you both were drinking.

As plenty have pointed out our away form has been pathetic. In with a chance with many away meetings until the 2nd half then fall away badly. You suddenly believe we are going to start winning away now?

We had, realistically no chance since last Wednesday.

Even by your standards, this is a shocking post.

Somerset had three guest riders. We only lost by six last time we were there. Even a pt from the meeting would have put some pressure on Belle Vue who without Bewley are no guarantees to win at home to Somerset.

Wolverhampton had absolutely everything to race for in the race for the play-offs. Their previous form is irrelevant. What chance we 'realistically' had of winning is irrelevant. I have not said anything about 'suddenly believing' we would start winning away.. even if I had, it would be irrelevant.

The indisputable fact is Wolverhampton had everything to race for and your comment suggesting otherwise was ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Even by your standards, this is a shocking post.

Somerset had three guest riders. We only lost by six last time we were there. Even a pt from the meeting would have put some pressure on Belle Vue who without Bewley are no guarantees to win at home to Somerset.

Wolverhampton had absolutely everything to race for in the race for the play-offs. Their previous form is irrelevant. What chance we 'realistically' had of winning is irrelevant. I have not said anything about 'suddenly believing' we would start winning away.. even if I had, it would be irrelevant.

The indisputable fact is Wolverhampton had everything to race for and your comment suggesting otherwise was ridiculous.

You call it shocking, I call it realistic.

our away form this year is completely indicative of what we expected from last night.

up until last Wednesday I shared your view but the dreadful performances sealed our fate there and then. Mathematically we could still qualify before last night and can still. 

With Somerset missing key riders last night you would have thought it was a prime chance to get points, check the result to see just how likely our away form will help us make the top 4.

whoever makes the top 4 will out of the chasing pack will be complete fodder for the much more inform top 3.

If we had turned all those great early first half away matches into at least a point we would be a top 4 side by now.

Our away form has put paid to that. 

You clearly have more faith in the team if you seriously believed we had a chance of getting anything last night never mind still making the top 4.

id prefer to keep it realistic. 

28 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You call it shocking, I call it realistic.

our away form this year is completely indicative of what we expected from last night.

up until last Wednesday I shared your view but the dreadful performances sealed our fate there and then. Mathematically we could still qualify before last night and can still. 

With Somerset missing key riders last night you would have thought it was a prime chance to get points, check the result to see just how likely our away form will help us make the top 4.

whoever makes the top 4 will out of the chasing pack will be complete fodder for the much more inform top 3.

If we had turned all those great early first half away matches into at least a point we would be a top 4 side by now.

Our away form has put paid to that. 

You clearly have more faith in the team if you seriously believed we had a chance of getting anything last night never mind still making the top 4.

id prefer to keep it realistic. 

Stop blabbering nonsense. Being realistic, the form of a team and any other irrelevant info you've typed is an entirely different conversation.

You said Wolverhampton had nothing to race for. They did. You were wrong. 

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Stop blabbering nonsense. Being realistic, the form of a team and any other irrelevant info you've typed is an entirely different conversation.

You said Wolverhampton had nothing to race for. They did. You were wrong. 

You call it blabbering nonsense, I call it common sense.

wolves chances of realistically making the top 4 ended last Wednesday.

Feel free to continue to labour your point, realistically I’m right.

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You call it blabbering nonsense, I call it common sense.

wolves chances of realistically making the top 4 ended last Wednesday.

Feel free to continue to labour your point, realistically I’m right.

It isn't something to argue. It's not an opinion.

You don't even grasp what the discussion is about.

Wolves had something to race for last night. It's fact. 

Edited by BWitcher

im a bit disappointed with wolves this year choice of guests and going with RR at away matches saying no one wants to guest ,wolves riders have guested for other clubs ,and with not getting to play offs and ryehouse dropping out my season ticket just about breaks even , i wonder if we will have RR away to poole 

14 minutes ago, jaybob said:

im a bit disappointed with wolves this year choice of guests and going with RR at away matches saying no one wants to guest ,wolves riders have guested for other clubs ,and with not getting to play offs and ryehouse dropping out my season ticket just about breaks even , i wonder if we will have RR away to poole 

Only Swindon not riding so I very much doubt it

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Only Swindon not riding so I very much doubt it

I was gonna say get Batch, as he did well at Poole a,week or so ago until the back end of the meeting. So yeah get him or Nick Morris. 

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It isn't something to argue. It's not an opinion.

You don't even grasp what the discussion is about.

Wolves had something to race for last night. It's fact. 

Keep believing that if you want to. Shame no one told Pete Adams or the riders tho. Shame on you for not reminding them all. :rofl:

Towels already thrown in methinks.

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Keep believing that if you want to. Shame no one told Pete Adams or the riders tho. Shame on you for not reminding them all. :rofl:

Towels already thrown in methinks.

It isn't anything to' believe'. It's simply a fact.

Even Starman can't stoop to these levels.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very odd comment Steve brum, surely youd rather see your team fight until the end? A couple of good results and Wolves would be in the hot seat for the play offs. 

On 24 August 2018 at 2:44 PM, The Cheese said:

If those assessed riders are taking part in 1 main league what's the solution for them missing plenty of fixtures because they're racing in Poland?

There wont be too many missing as a team containing a rider that rides in Poland can arrange their fixture at a Sunday track to be when they have weeks off otherwise guest or RR or reserve. 

One be league may not be ideal solution for a few teams but for the majority it will help the sport get a more secure foundation than it has now

On 25 August 2018 at 1:06 PM, waytogo28 said:

Another one bites the dust. How many over the winter will be lost to the sport? Take your pick from 3 or 4?

I have heard of one big club that looks to be losing their track in the winter and two others in grave danger of walking the plank

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It won't be one big league in 2019!!

What will it be then? As, wouldn't BT sport want more teams in the top league?

BT (as per Sky) want a 'top' league as it looks better in their portfolio of sports for advertising revenue!!