British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

22 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but there will be a collection for Dan Bewley at Wednesday's meeting and for those that can't make it here's a link to the go fund me page that Jack Smith set up for Dan.

https://www.gofundme.com/613zapc

No gripe about Dan Bewley, who is clearly a special rider and nice lad.         Although he was riding for Workington when hurt, there are of course precedents for a collection tomorrow at Belle Vue ---- but might this latest trend of crowdfunding pages for an injured rider, in addition to his regular speedway insurances and a crowd collection be a little bit over the top?     What is the BenFund for?

(I realise there will be loud cries of outraged indignation over this post, but just saying)   

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, ouch said:

Dan scored 14+2 in the 47-43 win last time. Considering his replacements on Monday fail to beat an opponent and gained only one point, you have to say we haven’t a cat in hells chance of winning this. :(

Little pessimistic given that the Aces won at Somerset only a couple of weeks ago (albeit with Bewley in the side).

It'll be close, though, and given the good weather predicted and the superb track at the NSS could be a real cracker. Good move by BT Sport to put it on live.

By my reckoning Fricke should be at No 1 and Tungate gets a RR ride.

8 hours ago, Uluru said:

No gripe about Dan Bewley, who is clearly a special rider and nice lad.         Although he was riding for Workington when hurt, there are of course precedents for a collection tomorrow at Belle Vue ---- but might this latest trend of crowdfunding pages for an injured rider, in addition to his regular speedway insurances and a crowd collection be a little bit over the top?     What is the BenFund for?

(I realise there will be loud cries of outraged indignation over this post, but just saying)   

Those of us who have watched Dan progress so quickly over the past three years have taken so much pleasure from watching him ride that I'm sure we will contribute both to the track  collection and on line.  Nobody has to, but I'm sure they will want to.  For me hardly over the top but well deserved. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think it will be close with an away win possible for me Allen/ Summers are key Doyle to score more than 11.

Doyle in heat 15 possibly? 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Have Somerset anything to race for? 

Swindon :wink:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The Robins they would be everyone's pick.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I hope he wont be needed.!!!

Probably not as Belle Vue will be winning easily by then, another meeting where one team needs the points and one won't be bothered. 

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably not as Belle Vue will be winning easily by then, another meeting where one team needs the points and one won't be bothered. 

I think you will be surprised Bewley a massive miss.

Easy Aces win.., leaving Swindon with just the Ko cup to fight for.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think Somerset would like Swindon to get into the play-offs and be able to choose them, because of the local derby aspect and the fact that they should be able to beat them.

Always good to go to the OTA for local derby and some good racing.