British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

Rebels love a sour lemon ,business end of season ,luck has finally turned for rebels,very sharp last nite ,made stars look average,45 -50 ish

39 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think Somerset would like Swindon to get into the play-offs and be able to choose them, because of the local derby aspect and the fact that they should be able to beat them.

Is that enough to make them pull out all the stops?

13 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Rebels love a sour lemon ,business end of season ,luck has finally turned for rebels,very sharp last nite ,made stars look average,45 -50 ish

Judging by the score line, you made the Stars look worse than "average". Did they look like they were trying at all? 

And I bet it wont be 45-50.. Only 90 point up for grabs;).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Belle Vue 43-47 Somerset 

Swindon 51-39 Belle Vue

Swindon get 4th

:rofl:

I think belle Vue will win this one just it could go down to heat 13 and 15 also Craig cook is flying high in domestic speedway . 

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that enough to make them pull out all the stops?

I think you've spent too long supporting Poole. :)

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think you've spent too long supporting Poole. :)

You only have to look at last night results to realise teams are not pulling out all the stops.

21 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think belle Vue will win this one just it could go down to heat 13 and 15 also Craig cook is flying high in domestic speedway . 

About time, he has had a poor season by his standards.

Bewley is a tremendous loss and Worrall is not yet back to his pre injury form but Cook is almost back to his best. It will be close but I think we can win. Even a draw will do,  we need only one point from tonight or tomorrow to qualify. 

Edited by Aces51

19 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

What would Kings Lynn, Somerset and Poole consider weaker, a team without Dan Bewley or a team containing Jack Smith. 

25 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Somerset will be far too strong for Belle Vue this evening, leaving the door open for Swindon to nick 4th place.

Hope you are right but you are still a TROLL who has no affinity for Swindon speedway.

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hope you are right but you are still a TROLL who has no affinity for Swindon speedway.

I think you need to look up the definition of troll. This is a speedway forum, criticising rider form etc is part and parcel. 

13 hours ago, Uluru said:

No gripe about Dan Bewley, who is clearly a special rider and nice lad.         Although he was riding for Workington when hurt, there are of course precedents for a collection tomorrow at Belle Vue ---- but might this latest trend of crowdfunding pages for an injured rider, in addition to his regular speedway insurances and a crowd collection be a little bit over the top?     What is the BenFund for?

(I realise there will be loud cries of outraged indignation over this post, but just saying)   

Agree, and the amount raised so far since the gofundme page was set up says it all.

Now his injuries are known to not be life threatening or career ending these funding pages are way way over the top. We ALL know injuries happen and are expected in this sport. It's par of the course.

Yes we are sorry for Dan as we are for any other rider, but unless injuries are life changing, these funding pages should be banned and used for what they were originally designed for. 

It's even worse though that some rider's use these funding sites for buying equipment. 

Best wishes to Dan and he comes back stronger in 2019.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree, and the amount raised so far since the gofundme page was set up says it all.

Now his injuries are known to not be life threatening or career ending these funding pages are way way over the top. We ALL know injuries happen and are expected in this sport. It's par of the course.

Yes we are sorry for Dan as we are for any other rider, but unless injuries are life changing, these funding pages should be banned and used for what they were originally designed for. 

It's even worse though that some rider's use these funding sites for buying equipment. 

Best wishes to Dan and he comes back stronger in 2019.

If someone sets up a funding page and others support it and contribute then that is down to them.  If you choose not to contribute then that is down to you but banning them is OTT imho.

• Like 5