British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

15 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Your mates at the BSPA should make Morton National track Consultant and go round the country fixing the circuits.

First one they should do is Stoke, Belle Vue would easily fit in Loomer Rd.

Don't worry I'll keep taking the tablets.  Reality used to be a friend of mine.

YOU are deluded if you think I have any mates at the BSPA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU are deluded if you think I have any mates at the BSPA

It was all "tongue in cheek".

But you could use your magazine to seriously campaign for nationwide track improvements.  Baby steps, keep chipping away at it, slowly open people's eyes up to the reality of the situation.

It is, after all, the fundamental problem the sport faces in this country.

Fabulous meeting, just slightly ruined by the anti-climax ending to heat 15.

Every meeting I've seen from that track has produced fantastic racing. Heat 13 was an absolute classic. Doyle, Holder and Cook going at it hammer and tongs with Fricke at the back and seemingly a spectator to it all. I'm still not sure how he managed to win that!

Well done Belle Vue on reaching the play-offs. It would have been a travesty if thry'd missed out thtough Bewley's injury. 

• Like 8

Fantastic drama and racing - if only we could have that everywhere every week!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

It was all "tongue in cheek".

But you could use your magazine to seriously campaign for nationwide track improvements.  Baby steps, keep chipping away at it, slowly open people's eyes up to the reality of the situation.

It is, after all, the fundamental problem the sport faces in this country.

IT'S not a secret but very few seem to make the track a priority. The NSS provides proof that given the right stage speedway can provide compulsive viewing. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

You were doing well tonight until that.  Still the jealousy/hate flows.

Lynn's a dire track, can understand why you'd be jealous.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there, Daniel doesn’t even go to Lynn any more.

Heat 13 was absolutely unbelievable, fabulous speedway. Breathtaking.

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S not a secret but very few seem to make the track a priority. The NSS provides proof that given the right stage speedway can provide compulsive viewing. 

It should be THE priority!  The track should be the biggest "asset" of every promotion, regardless of whether they actually own it.

I still think there's a majority that are in denial of how poor some tracks actually are.

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fantastic drama and racing - if only we could have that everywhere every week!

Have you not visited and viewed the action first hand at Leicester? :D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stoke Potter said:

It should be THE priority!  The track should be the biggest "asset" of every promotion, regardless of whether they actually own it.

I still think there's a majority that are in denial of how poor some tracks actually are.

PARADOXICALLY, too often track preparation is an easy target for cutting costs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

To be fair. Anyone could say they are jealous.. Yeah ?

Too right. I certainly am!

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

The NSS is new and no doubt the peeps who designed it must of been looking at tracks in other countries. Lynn used to be considered the best track in the UK. The bikes have got faster and faster. The tracks have stayed the same...

The NNS is built for the modern bikes, and it's clear to see..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PARADOXICALLY, too often track preparation is an easy target for cutting costs. 

And that begs the question:  How do these people get so relatively wealthy that they can own a Speedway team but still show such base stupidity?

Death by a thousand cuts.

It's not just prep though, as has been said, size, shape, etc, etc. are equally important.

The only thing that is of concern is that I really don't believe the crowd topped 1.000 ( inc. both stands ) and that is a tragedy.

• Like 1

First half wasn't great but that's generally case at the NSS. Takes 7 to 8 races for the track to come to the riders. When it does, it is the best race track on the planet and its as simple as that. 

Absolutely privileged to have watched heat 13 in the flesh from right on top of turn 3. Incredible racing and I still don't know how max did that, I'll have to watch the TV coverage. 

Hope Jason is okay. Somerset were through so in hindsight using him in 3 of 4 races was potentially a bit silly but fair cop to Somerset for contributing to a top quality spectacle. 

When speedway is done like that, wow. 

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

The only thing that is of concern is that I really don't believe the crowd topped 1.000 ( inc. both stands ) and that is a tragedy.

Not got a clue. Someone who was there might have more of an idea. Would be great if all Prem teams had 2k at home meetings. Don't seem a lot, but so far away :(