British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

The only thing that is of concern is that I really don't believe the crowd topped 1.000 ( inc. both stands ) and that is a tragedy.

It was disappointing crowd but it was probably bad timing with schools going back this week and live on TV. But you are talking rubbish, there was about 1000 just in grandstand, i’d say in total it was about 1700.

28 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

No jealousy at all. Love watching racing at the NSS and if every track was the same in this country the sport should be in a far far greater position. 

But by my no means am I ever going to applaud or acknowledge Morton and the other one, Gordon wasn't it? Belle Vue would have gone bankrupt with them in charge. Also, wasn't it Morton who took no responsibility for the troubles and stabbed his partner in the back to save his own skin??

I love that stadium and the racing it produces but according to the current owners it's still running loses.

If Belle Vue can't make ends meet with it's current stadium and quality of racing it delivers, there's nothing for any other clubs to get jealous about apart from putting themselves at serious financial risk. 

That second paragraph is the wrongest thing I’ve ever read but then I know first hand what went on. 

This coupled with your opinion that we didn’t miss Dan shows a lack of understanding of our sport that is truly embarrassing. Voicing these idiotic ideas would be bad enough in a pub but to put them on a SPEEDWAY forum beggars belief. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

But by my no means am I ever going to applaud or acknowledge Morton and the other one, Gordon wasn't it? Belle Vue would have gone bankrupt with them in charge. Also, wasn't it Morton who took no responsibility for the troubles and stabbed his partner in the back to save his own skin??

I would, every time. Whatever the circumstances of their departure from Belle Vue, without their determination, effort, hard work, doggedness and passion the NSS would not exist. Pretty decent legacy, that.

You only had to read the pages of this forum to see the scepticism, cynicism and sheer contempt that existed amongst supporters that it would ever be built and I am reliably informed that that went all the way to the top in the BSPA. 

It says everything that despite his self imposed exile at the anniversary meeting earlier this season the loudest acclaim was reserved for Chris Morton and I don't know a Belle Vue fan that wouldn't have him back.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 5

Jack Holder impresses me more and more he is improving rapidly him and Fricke can become gp riders.Berge,Wilson Dean,Allen all had there moments they battled hard enjoyed the meeting so much a brilliant advert for our sport.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

It was disappointing crowd but it was probably bad timing with schools going back this week and live on TV. But you are talking rubbish, there was about 1000 just in grandstand, i’d say in total it was about 1700.

I wouldn't! Nothing near.

7 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I wouldn't! Nothing near.

Have to agree. 1,200 at most and probably less :( Huge shame, but with the holidays ending, a Wednesday night and it being on the box the gate was bound to have been affected.

I think this would have been a cracking meeting without heat 13 due to the closeness of the scores and some good racing but that was just stunning. Standing on the third bend, I was watching Cook trying to pass on the inside and only noticed Fricke as he catapaulted off the last bend to go round the three others. Great stuff :approve:

• Like 1

This is one of the best meetings I have seen in a long time great advert for the sport proving that give the riders the track and they will produce the goods .Fortunately Doyle got up from that nasty looking crashI just wonder how many times he will ,he seems to be on the deck more and more these days ,can't knock him for giving 100% but just feel he may pay a big price for it one day .

Edited by FAST GATER

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I would, every time. Whatever the circumstances of their departure from Belle Vue, without their determination, effort, hard work, doggedness and passion the NSS would not exist. Pretty decent legacy, that.

You only had to read the pages of this forum to see the scepticism, cynicism and sheer contempt that existed amongst supporters that it would ever be built and I am reliably informed that that went all the way to the top in the BSPA. 

It says everything that despite his self imposed exile at the anniversary meeting earlier this season the loudest acclaim was reserved for Chris Morton and I don't know a Belle Vue fan that wouldn't have him back.

WELL put ...Daniel Smith needs to get his facts right. 

• Like 2

Heat 13 wow! Just WOW! That's one of the few races I'll take to my grave along with Erik Gunderson's pass in the 1985 world final, the Penhall Olsen race in 1981 and Per Jonsson bursting between 2 riders at Bradford in the late 80's/early 90's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Have to agree. 1,200 at most and probably less :( Huge shame, but with the holidays ending, a Wednesday night and it being on the box the gate was bound to have been affected.

I think this would have been a cracking meeting without heat 13 due to the closeness of the scores and some good racing but that was just stunning. Standing on the third bend, I was watching Cook trying to pass on the inside and only noticed Fricke as he catapaulted off the last bend to go round the three others. Great stuff :approve:

The grandstand is easy to estimate, each block holds 300 there, the middle 3 blocks were nearly full plus all the people up in Peter Craven suite so thats about 900 so are you saying  there was less then 300 in south stand? Can at least double that,  so minimum 1500. 

19 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The grandstand is easy to estimate, each block holds 300 there, the middle 3 blocks were nearly full plus all the people up in Peter Craven suite so thats about 900 so are you saying  there was less then 300 in south stand? Can at least double that,  so minimum 1500. 

To be honest, mine is a wild guess.

It does surprise me that 1,700 is a 'disappointing' crowd. I would think that about 75% (or possibly more) of tracks would be delighted with that. 

• Like 1

That’s a fantastic amount raised for the lad. Hats off to everyone.

• Like 2