British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

Heat 13 has now been tweeted by BT. What a race & shows why the NSS has the best track in the uk. Amazing stuff. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Max ,Jack, Lambo,Drabik,Smektala the GP series in the future looks bright.

COULD do with some Danes, Swedes and an American!

3 minutes ago, Odds On said:

heat 13 is one of the best races I have seen at speedway fir a long long time.

This race from Czestochowa last Friday runs it very close- heat 15 and the context is that Czestochowa need 2 points from the race to reach the play-offs( which are about 10 times bigger than the UK ones) 

Just managed to watch the meeting this morning. Very good meeting from about heat 8. Heat 13 was excellent but Doyle never looked for his team mate once in the meeting never mind the race. On the second bend of lap 4 Doyle messed up and his speed was scrubbed allowing Fricke to catch and blast around. Excellent action.

Belle Vue covered for Bewley quite well. They can give Lynn real test in the semi final.

Somerset v Lynn the likely final though.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just managed to watch the meeting this morning. Very good meeting from about heat 8. Heat 13 was excellent but Doyle never looked for his team mate once in the meeting never mind the race. On the second bend of lap 4 Doyle messed up and his speed was scrubbed allowing Fricke to catch and blast around. Excellent action.

Belle Vue covered for Bewley quite well. They can give Lynn real test in the semi final.

see you for a ACES/PIRATES final then :t:

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Actually i thought heat 1 set the tone Worrall,Doyle really these are two closely matched teams the race where Tungate's bike was smoking was some race.

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think you will get past the rebels 

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

I’d say even at this stage he is a shoe in for Rebels rider of the year. Debbie must move heaven and earth to get him back next year. Come on leaps and bounds since he left Poole. Not having a dig at Poole before 5000 of you start flooding this excellent thread with off topic stuff.

Id agree with that. He has been absolutely superb and has to be the first name on our team sheet regardless of league structure next year.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Wolves IS a good race track. But stop trolling. The NSS is one of the best tracks in the world. Without question.

Thought the 1st half of the match was pretty average with minimal passing but from heat 9 onwards wow, wow, wow.

We are so lucky to have a track this good in the UK. 

This is similar to what I heard from people sat close to me but isn't that similar at most tracks where you have to wait for the dirt to sent to the fence to be able to ride there.

It is not track prep, & that can be improved at most tracks to provide fair & entertaining racing, but, as others have said, track shape.

GoFundMe  is ok if you are on facebook but I am not & have tried numerous times to donate to other types of pages in different walks of life, so it is ok for buckets to be passed round. As has been said, it is your choice to donate.

Hi does anyone know where I can see this meeting replayed anywhere our power went out last night and messed everything up? Thanks

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

This is similar to what I heard from people sat close to me but isn't that similar at most tracks where you have to wait for the dirt to sent to the fence to be able to ride there.

It is not track prep, & that can be improved at most tracks to provide fair & entertaining racing, but, as others have said, track shape.

GoFundMe  is ok if you are on facebook but I am not & have tried numerous times to donate to other types of pages in different walks of life, so it is ok for buckets to be passed round. As has been said, it is your choice to donate.

YOU don't have to be on Facebook to donate to gofundme ... just go to their website and search for the person you wish to donate to.