British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The problem is that a race like heat 13 was commonplace years ago and if we had more of them then the sport as a whole would benefit. Surely more people would turn up if a race like that could happen more often. Kings Lynn and Peterborough had a reputation for being good racetracks but not so much these days.Leicester had the chance to make a good racetrack but seem to have messed it up. Could tracks be changed to make them more like the NSS or should we just be happy that we have speedway at all and accept that some tracks are better than others. 

Trouble is it costs too much to alter a track shape. Tens of thousands of pounds. Hopfully Swindon will have a good new race strip after the new stadium arrives from Wales.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said the same yesterday. He told everyone on here the picture of his avatar Lilly Savage was him in drag. Was proud of it. Perhaps his ex wife came home early from work and caught him prancing in front of the mirror after raiding her knicker drawer?

Heard the ex wife left him as he spent all his time on the laptop either tweeting fake twitter accounts begging for topless photos and on the Poole topics and spent zero time on her.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said the same yesterday. He told everyone on here the picture of his avatar Lilly Savage was him in drag. Was proud of it. Perhaps his ex wife came home early from work and caught him prancing in front of the mirror after raiding her knicker drawer?

Says the man who (allegedly) earned a few bob filming such activity lol.

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

But you are anti Poole, all their fans certainly have your number. You bite to every thing they throw at you! 

Shovvy gets stick but id say 9/10 of the people who give it actually have a soft spot for him, i know of at least 5 people pn here who constantly bicker with him but happily have a pint with him when they meet at speedway.

your just a warped, strange character. It is extremely odd how you spend so much time on these Poole topics but never on Ipswich ones.

you clearly have issues.

Shovvy is a BSF legend though, he throws out bait constantly and is still reeling them in years later. I bet he'd be good crack over a pint. 

You're right about Gavan, very strange individual, addictive personality it seems.

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There you go again - seems you have a new buddy in Pinny who thinks he is speaking for the rest of us but I am the 1/10 category!

38 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Heard the ex wife left him as he spent all his time on the laptop either tweeting fake twitter accounts begging for topless photos and on the Poole topics and spent zero time on her.

I think that’s enough - you are supposed to attack the post - not the poster and I find this really offensive :nono:

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

There you go again - seems you have a new buddy in Pinny who thinks he is speaking for the rest of us but I am the 1/10 category!

Speaking from facts ... ive been in the prince of wales Cardiff on GP day when theres been about 100 people off this forum in there and near enough everyone of them wants a pint and a convo with Shovvy. 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:16 PM, Gavan said:

Good to watch back when Poole was a decent track but 2 riders passing was nowhere near as good as heat 13 typical shovlar response and also not as good as the Loram v Louis run off for the British Final in 1997

Ok Gav I'll indulge you since it's a wet Saturday afternoon and there's nothing to do.  Above is your first post in the thread following the meeting, straight away you are on the attack instead of just offering the Loram/Louis race as an alternative for debate.  

The Loram/Louis race was a goodun, so was the Havvy/Rempala race that Shovlar had posted but you described that as just 2 riders passing, then promptly offered up a 2 rider race as being superior, that kind of dilutes your cause don't you think.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Its only one or two fans of Poole that let their club down

I found it farcical that we saw an amazing heat 13 at Belle Vue then we had Shovlar try an prove the Poole track has good racing by putting a video up from god knows how many years ago!! The man is just laughable.

I then commented that yes the Havvy, Rempala race was good but that heat 13 was better and it had all 4 riders in the action rather than just the 2. I also commented that the best race i had seen with 2 riders passing and repassing was Loram v Louis in 1997 British Final....................only to be told that i was anti Poole..............must remember to not have an opinion lol

Again, on the attack and stretching the truth, you never mentioned Loram/Louis in the context of it being the best 2 rider race you'd seen but, conveniently, today you twist the words a little to suit yourself.

I replied the other day to ask you if you are ever able to be non-confrontational, to which you bleated about being picked on .  Thing is Gavan, you are the most aggressive poster on here imo, it's only where Poole are concerned from what I see but it's definitely you who rises up with or without provocation.  If you are the same in real life you must be an absolute f------g nightmare to be around, surely you don't go round behaving so aggressively, chill out man, it's just the internet.

23 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Ok Gav I'll indulge you since it's a wet Saturday afternoon and there's nothing to do.  Above is your first post in the thread following the meeting, straight away you are on the attack instead of just offering the Loram/Louis race as an alternative for debate.  

The Loram/Louis race was a goodun, so was the Havvy/Rempala race that Shovlar had posted but you described that as just 2 riders passing, then promptly offered up a 2 rider race as being superior, that kind of dilutes your cause don't you think.

Again, on the attack and stretching the truth, you never mentioned Loram/Louis in the context of it being the best 2 rider race you'd seen but, conveniently, today you twist the words a little to suit yourself.

I replied the other day to ask you if you are ever able to be non-confrontational, to which you bleated about being picked on .  Thing is Gavan, you are the most aggressive poster on here imo, it's only where Poole are concerned from what I see but it's definitely you who rises up with or without provocation.  If you are the same in real life you must be an absolute f------g nightmare to be around, surely you don't go round behaving so aggressively, chill out man, it's just the internet.

Sorry maybe my original post should have had a longer wording.

I clearly state the Poole race wasnt as good as heat 13 as there was only 2 riders..and also said the Poole race wasnt as good as Loram v Louis in my opinion looking at 2 rider races.

Must remember to write an essay next time

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol what a piece of work you are.

Didnt say it was me in drag..said my work colleagues changed it when i was in a coma, well just out of it so im glad that makes you chuckle

And i left my wife as i told you yesterday.....but dont let that get in the way of having a pop.....pathetic troll

45 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I think that’s enough - you are supposed to attack the post - not the poster and I find this really offensive :nono:

Seems to take great delight in my private life.............but is so far wide of the mark its funny..........the man is quite clearly not right in the head

I’m all for a bit of jousting on here but the personal stuff is unnecessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m all for a bit of jousting on here but the personal stuff is unnecessary.

Doesnt bother me to be honest, its actually quite comical that he has got it so far wrong. Got divorced last year after i left her......we still get on ok but for whatever reason the ginger one feels it necessary to bring it up in every post........now says i bully him..............bless

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol what a piece of work you are.

Didnt say it was me in drag..said my work colleagues changed it when i was in a coma, well just out of it so im glad that makes you chuckle

And i left my wife as i told you yesterday.....but dont let that get in the way of having a pop.....pathetic troll

Is that the best you can come up with? Lol 

On 6 September 2018 at 12:53 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Just managed to watch the meeting this morning. Very good meeting from about heat 8. Heat 13 was excellent but Doyle never looked for his team mate once in the meeting never mind the race. On the second bend of lap 4 Doyle messed up and his speed was scrubbed allowing Fricke to catch and blast around. Excellent action.

Grudging praise from the self-proclaimed cart dealer