British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It wasn’t a patchup. The whole of the first and second bends were relaid from base upwards.

I seem to remember it was said on here that they only did part of the bends because I asked how wide the bends were and nobody answered.

another Poole hijacked thread.

pass you tell me.

15 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

I'll tell you:
1.  Blade the whole lot off kerb to boards, not just the first 2 metres or whatever was done last winter, and get the whole base fixed.  Yes, big job. :t:

2. Put some decent material back on and more of it than you usually do so there are no blue groove/slick patches during the meeting.

3. Water it during the meeting so it's not a dust bowl, as it is far too often.

Where are the ruts on the Belle Vue bends?

Crikey a Stoke fan trying to tell a Poole fan about track prep!!!

Remind me, how many meetings did Stoke have to call off this season because their track was unraceable?

Edited by Skidder1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well it wasn't a Poole fan was it

Yes... :unsure::D

Its was the idiot from Poole (not a narrow choice granted) who whilst we all discussed how much we enjoyed heat 13, needlessly dug out a Poole race saying it was better. 

The subsequent discussion then had the other idiot Poole fans joining in and doing what they do best. 

Very sad. 

Amyway I’m going to watch heat 13 again. 

• Like 1

I suppose someone had to try to discredit the Heat 13 action from the other night, anyway its a far cry from the criticism that we constantly got at Kirky Lane, justified in the main but still became tedious.

The problem is that a race like heat 13 was commonplace years ago and if we had more of them then the sport as a whole would benefit. Surely more people would turn up if a race like that could happen more often. Kings Lynn and Peterborough had a reputation for being good racetracks but not so much these days.Leicester had the chance to make a good racetrack but seem to have messed it up. Could tracks be changed to make them more like the NSS or should we just be happy that we have speedway at all and accept that some tracks are better than others. 

• Like 1

Its only one or two fans of Poole that let their club down

I found it farcical that we saw an amazing heat 13 at Belle Vue then we had Shovlar try an prove the Poole track has good racing by putting a video up from god knows how many years ago!! The man is just laughable.

I then commented that yes the Havvy, Rempala race was good but that heat 13 was better and it had all 4 riders in the action rather than just the 2. I also commented that the best race i had seen with 2 riders passing and repassing was Loram v Louis in 1997 British Final....................only to be told that i was anti Poole..............must remember to not have an opinion lol

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its only one or two fans of Poole that let their club down

I found it farcical that we saw an amazing heat 13 at Belle Vue then we had Shovlar try an prove the Poole track has good racing by putting a video up from god knows how many years ago!! The man is just laughable.

I then commented that yes the Havvy, Rempala race was good but that heat 13 was better and it had all 4 riders in the action rather than just the 2. I also commented that the best race i had seen with 2 riders passing and repassing was Loram v Louis in 1997 British Final....................only to be told that i was anti Poole..............must remember to not have an opinion lol

But you are anti Poole, all their fans certainly have your number. You bite to every thing they throw at you! 

Shovvy gets stick but id say 9/10 of the people who give it actually have a soft spot for him, i know of at least 5 people pn here who constantly bicker with him but happily have a pint with him when they meet at speedway.

your just a warped, strange character. It is extremely odd how you spend so much time on these Poole topics but never on Ipswich ones.

you clearly have issues.

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

But you are anti Poole, all their fans certainly have your number. You bite to every thing they throw at you! 

Shovvy gets stick but id say 9/10 of the people who give it actually have a soft spot for him, i know of at least 5 people pn here who constantly bicker with him but happily have a pint with him when they meet at speedway.

your just a warped, strange character. It is extremely odd how you spend so much time on these Poole topics but never on Ipswich ones.

you clearly have issues.

Said the same yesterday. He told everyone on here the picture of his avatar Lilly Savage was him in drag. Was proud of it. Perhaps his ex wife came home early from work and caught him prancing in front of the mirror after raiding her knicker drawer?