British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Colts vs Kings

Another meeting hard to call, Bickley on championship duty brings in Wilson for the hosts. Hurry is on grasstrack duties in France, so all time record points scorer Ben Morley steps in at #1, also missing on championship duty is Jack Thomas, and he is replaced by another Kent fans favourite Georgie Wood. O Keefe comes back in for Couzins at reserve. With the potential for our away Buxton match not happening grabbing some points here becomes vital, with Eastbourne away and Mildenhall home coming in the next few days points are gonna be tough to come by.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Another meeting hard to call, Bickley on championship duty brings in Wilson for the hosts. Hurry is on grasstrack duties in France, so all time record points scorer Ben Morley steps in at #1, also missing on championship duty is Jack Thomas, and he is replaced by another Kent fans favourite Georgie Wood. O Keefe comes back in for Couzins at reserve. With the potential for our away Buxton match not happening grabbing some points here becomes vital, with Eastbourne away and Mildenhall home coming in the next few days points are gonna be tough to come by.

Suprised Wood is riding having spent last Saturday night in hospital. I know he didn't break anything, but must be really sore! 

15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Suprised Wood is riding having spent last Saturday night in hospital. I know he didn't break anything, but must be really sore! 

He's riding on the island tomorrow as well.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

He's riding on the island tomorrow as well.

He certainly is one tough lad, remember last year when he crashed hard into a rope post grassracking, and was a feared  broken pelvis, he was back  the following week.

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

4 guest replacements make the meeting a farce.

As i am travelling up for this meeting i was wondering why replacing missing riders will make it a farce?  I also seem to have missed a guest, i thought the guests were, Wood, Morley & Wilson, just wondering who the other guest was?

Kyle Bickley is riding at Edinburgh for Workington.

When guests are used due to injury then it is an inevitable acceptable consequence.

When riders are missing because they are racing elsewhere and numerous riders are missing then it gets my goat

48 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Kyle Bickley is riding at Edinburgh for Workington.

When guests are used due to injury then it is an inevitable acceptable consequence.

When riders are missing because they are racing elsewhere and numerous riders are missing then it gets my goat

Wilson is for Bickley, Morley for Hurry, Wood for Thomas but i don't no who the 4th guest is?     

I no what you mean people like to see the same team (myself included) & it gets really frustrating when a series of guests show up, but this is a development league (yes i no its now a 3rd division) thats why I am actually in favour of the reason Thomas & Bickley are missing, its a natural progression to ride in the next league up & beyond & to improve they have to ride against stronger opposition.    At Kent we have noticed a big improvement in Thomas since he started riding at Glasgow.  

28 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Wilson is for Bickley, Morley for Hurry, Wood for Thomas but i don't no who the 4th guest is?     

I no what you mean people like to see the same team (myself included) & it gets really frustrating when a series of guests show up, but this is a development league (yes i no its now a 3rd division) thats why I am actually in favour of the reason Thomas & Bickley are missing, its a natural progression to ride in the next league up & beyond & to improve they have to ride against stronger opposition.    At Kent we have noticed a big improvement in Thomas since he started riding at Glasgow.  

The Kent web site says Jamie Couzins is missing and replaced by William O’Keefe

Just now, Gunner85 said:

The Kent web site says Jamie Couzins is missing and replaced by William O’Keefe

O right. 

William O'Keefe is named in the Kent 1-7 so is our usual reserve, Couzins replaced him at Kent on Monday because O'Keefe was on holiday.

19 hours ago, gazzac said:

Wood is Kent bound next season I reckon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

Can certainly see it, can't see him at Eastbourne again next year BUT depends on averages as he will be the same as Morley on 1/9 and i know who most would pick out of the two.

There is only 1 reason Wood or Morley would get a ride at Kent & that is if Bowens injury does not allow him to return, as I'm sure he will want to do another season if fit.

I would pick Bowen at No1 over any other rider in the league.

2 hours ago, whistlegang said:

Probably about 10 times with Eastbourne  if we have  the usual challenge, NT, NL, KO cup and payoffs :)