British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Colts vs Kings

11 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

There is only 1 reason Wood or Morley would get a ride at Kent & that is if Bowens injury does not allow him to return, as I'm sure he will want to do another season if fit.

I would pick Bowen at No1 over any other rider in the league.

I love Bowen and certainly hope he returns to full fitness and can be accommodated back into the Kent side. Great value to watch however even with the inevitable points limit increase 9.60 is a big chunk to use up on one rider however dependable they may be.

4 hours ago, whistlegang said:

Wood is Kent bound next season I reckon.

In your dreams.

Glorious afternoon, looking forward to some close racing tonight & a close scoreline too. Decent guest choices from both sides, going for a narrow Colts win 47-43.

Absolutely fantastic meeting. Top notch racing from all riders. Well done everyone 

Excellent performance from the Colts, Wilson a more than worthy stand in for Bickley. Tom Perry was great to watch, revelling on the "Max Fricke" line, inches from the air fence. Good to see Smithy back to form too. The pie-man Bowen again performed well, his interviews were fun, the guy's daft as a brush, clearly well liked by fans, team and management alike. 

No lack of effort from the Kent lads, Stoneman in particular was probably trying too hard, which almost resulted in him catching Perry's back wheel in one race. 

Just a word on heat 13, brilliant race, Smith & Perry v Morley & Clegg served up a treat in that one!

Agree Ht 13 was as good as it gets.  Not sure why more don't experience the Colts regularly absolutely the best value in British Speedway.  Long may they continue.  Also, wouldn't mind Ben Wilson in the team next year!

• Like 1

I thought the crowd was as big as the tv Prem meets there this season.

The place is still so clinical and not welcoming as such, think that is born out with the real lack of children running around the place.  Since my last visit the food/beer prices are more reasonable, and you can get out for a smoke now.

I think a sprinkle of the Warrior way could really help that out, but you can't knock the professional presentation. The young lady on the infield was very impressive with her knowledge and presented the meeting effortlessly.

Perhaps it was because we only one heat, but I was a tad disappointed with the action. Could well be because of the high expectations we have of the best track in the country.

Was the grading last night typical? The tractor only seemed to grade the very middle of the track.

That's put a big hit on our play off hopes and now makes the buxton away fixture essential to be rearranged before the cut off.

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Absolutely fantastic meeting. Top notch racing from all riders. Well done everyone 

Incredible racing all night

Heats 13, 14 and 15 were as good as anything you get in the Premiership. 

The Smith, Perry, Morley, Clegg battle in heat 13 was fantastic, and Smith, Perry and Morley repeated it for another 4 laps in heat 15.... but it was Paul Bowen's incredible win from the back in heat 14 that brought the house down.

It's lucky that Paul Hurry doesn't travel north, because Morley was so much better.  An excellent choice of guest.   Also Max Clegg deserved far more than the points he got.  The other Kent riders were a touch disappointing, but they still battled.  Is Stoneman always that erratic?  Scary!

With the cheapest admission in the country at £10, and such a superb modern stadium with a fantastic racetrack, the Belle Vue fans are really spoilt.   So it's onwards to Stoke v Brum tonight... Not sure it's going to measure up the same, as Stoke seem to have given up and have already handed 4 points to the Brummies before the start.

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

Incredible racing all night

Heats 13, 14 and 15 were as good as anything you get in the Premiership. 

The Smith, Perry, Morley, Clegg battle in heat 13 was fantastic, and Smith, Perry and Morley repeated it for another 4 laps in heat 15.... but it was Paul Bowen's incredible win from the back in heat 14 that brought the house down.

It's lucky that Paul Hurry doesn't travel north, because Morley was so much better.  An excellent choice of guest.   Also Max Clegg deserved far more than the points he got.  The other Kent riders were a touch disappointing, but they still battled.  Is Stoneman always that erratic?  Scary!

With the cheapest admission in the country at £10, and such a superb modern stadium with a fantastic racetrack, the Belle Vue fans are really spoilt.   So it's onwards to Stoke v Brum tonight... Not sure it's going to measure up the same, as Stoke seem to have given up and have already handed 4 points to the Brummies before the start.

Belle Vue Friday and Stoke on Saturday..... like going from the sublime to the ridiculous !!!