British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

Last chance saloon for Swindon, need to beat Aces by more than 6 and hope Somerset do them a favour in Manchester day earlier.

Will either be a dead rubber meeting or winner takes all. 

Hopefully more track time for Tom Brennan after his impressive showing on Monday.

No Dan Bewley or Mark Riss for Aces. 

Edited by ZagarRacing

Not if Wolves win tonight, I know it's a big if but it's possible. Even if we don't win tonight but beat KL at home, Aces and Robins fans will have one eye on the Poole v Wolves meeting the same night

16 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not if Wolves win tonight, I know it's a big if but it's possible. Even if we don't win tonight but beat KL at home, Aces and Robins fans will have one eye on the Poole v Wolves meeting the same night

I am not expecting Swindon to make the top 4 - so if they do that will be because other teams have failed to capitalise rather than Swindon being deserving.

19 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I am not expecting Swindon to make the top 4 - so if they do that will be because other teams have failed to capitalise rather than Swindon being deserving.

Not gaining at least a point on their travels coming back to haunt the Robins. 

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

Last chance saloon for Swindon, need to beat Aces by more than 6 and hope Somerset do them a favour in Manchester day earlier.

Will either be a dead rubber meeting or winner takes all. 

Hopefully more track time for Tom Brennan after his impressive showing on Monday.

No Dan Bewley or Mark Riss for Aces. 

If we fail to beat Somerset at home then I would book Jonas B Andersen for Riss 

Aces will be at somerset it will be there 3rd match in as many day's also if they win tonight against wolves they are virtually in the play/offs pretty sure they seal it following mon/tues matches, before they come to us so they really won't be, has much effort put in against us why risk injury before play/offs ? 

13 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Aces will be at somerset it will be there 3rd match in as many day's also if they win tonight against wolves they are virtually in the play/offs pretty sure they seal it following mon/tues matches, before they come to us so they really won't be, has much effort put in against us why risk injury before play/offs ? 

Because they would rather Swindon in playoffs than Belle Vue.

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Poole v wolves is the night before Swindon v BV.

2 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Because they would rather Swindon in playoffs than Belle Vue.

ha ha dream on we will beat Somerset next Thursdays match will be meaningless :party: 

It's clear to me that Swindon have deliberately lost 10 away meetings in a row knowing that Somerset will be desperate to race against us in the play offs meaning they will beat Belle Vue away on Wednesday. The deliberate 10 away defeats also means a huge crowd for the home meeting with BV. Absolute masterstroke by the management to plot it so it all goes down to the last week. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

yeah only question is if poole hit 60 or not :rofl:

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

It's clear to me that Swindon have deliberately lost 10 away meetings in a row knowing that Somerset will be desperate to race against us in the play offs meaning they will beat Belle Vue away on Wednesday. The deliberate 10 away defeats also means a huge crowd for the home meeting with BV. Absolute masterstroke by the management to plot it so it all goes down to the last week. 

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me. I have obviously underestimated Rosco. Hopefully, Mark Lemon can watch and learn.

28 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me. I have obviously underestimated Rosco. Hopefully, Mark Lemon can watch and learn.

We can allow Poole to take the credit as they are the masters of losing deliberately and we have only copied them!

• Like 1

We were good at losing when we were at Kirky Lane. Unfortunately, it wasn't deliberate. :D