British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I thought he said that Philips asked to be left out- something that Philips denies.

Who knows,the sport is just a joke .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If you want to be able to replace a rider who is averaging well under three points you should be able to do so what is Brennan on a 2.00.? Rules in speedway have gone completely mad if Jack scores 5-  0s on the trot because he is fit you have to keep him Tom is also only a young NL rider.

so is jack !!

8 hours ago, geoff58 said:

so is jack !!

Jack has had two spells at Championship level and a full season with the Aces so he is a lot more exsperienced than Brennan but not as good.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Jack has had two spells at Championship level and a full season with the Aces so he is a lot more exsperienced than Brennan but not as good.

well jack will be riding whatever !!

Jack Smith riding will all depend on Belle Vue v Somerset result on Wednesday. I expect Smith may be too unwell to race on Thursday if Somerset win day before.

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Jack has a 8.30 ave and Tom a 8.13 ave in the National league at the moment so not much between them so I would think thatTom would also find points hard to come by.But in truth any National league rider that comes in on a 2 point average will be totally outclassed in the prem league,the only reason they are there is so that a team can have a stronger 1 to 5 so any point they might score is a bonus.When Jack rode for Belle vue our fans understood why Jack was there and never got on his back and cheered wildly when he scored a point.Swindon fans on the whole do not seem to understand why Jack is in the team.Just look at the class of riders in the reserve positions for other teams this year to see why he is finding points hard to come by.Had Swindon fans got off his back a little so that there was no pressure he might have the odd meeting where he scored the odd point or two he did at Belle vue in a few meetings.

The only way to have a reserve that can score points every meeting is to weaken your top 5 and sign a stronger rider end of story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Jack has a 8.30 ave and Tom a 8.13 ave in the National league at the moment so not much between them so I would think thatTom would also find points hard to come by.But in truth any National league rider that comes in on a 2 point average will be totally outclassed in the prem league,the only reason they are there is so that a team can have a stronger 1 to 5 so any point they might score is a bonus.When Jack rode for Belle vue our fans understood why Jack was there and never got on his back and cheered wildly when he scored a point.Swindon fans on the whole do not seem to understand why Jack is in the team.Just look at the class of riders in the reserve positions for other teams this year to see why he is finding points hard to come by.Had Swindon fans got off his back a little so that there was no pressure he might have the odd meeting where he scored the odd point or two he did at Belle vue in a few meetings.

The only way to have a reserve that can score points every meeting is to weaken your top 5 and sign a stronger rider end of story.

I don't think one Reading supporter constitutes "Swindon fans on the whole".

• Like 2

To be fair i have not heard to many moans at the Abbey about Jack and you know fans can be a brutal lot.You are right a 2.00 rider will struggle but in a way Tom helped us beat Poole with his performance without his points we would not of won.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

To be fair i have not heard to many moans at the Abbey about Jack and you know fans can be a brutal lot.You are right a 2.00 rider will struggle but in a way Tom helped us beat Poole with his performance without his points we would not of won.

Local lad as well..following riders such as Ashby Kilby Keener Mad Wellie Rosco Hewlett Smarts Chessells and loads of Moonrakers that have worn the Red Robin. Shame Purtonian Darryl Ritchings didn't make it.

1 minute ago, auntie doris said:

Local lad as well..following riders such as Ashby Kilby Keener Mad Wellie Rosco Hewlett Smarts Chessells and loads of Moonrakers that have worn the Red Robin. Shame Purtonian Darryl Ritchings didn't make it.

He looks very promising Doris very good technically great set of past riders you named some the bread and butter of our sport.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I hope that Toms points were all down to him I love to see a young Brit doing well.But looking on the down side Woryna seemed to have had a nightmare of a meeting and was it Jacobsens 1st meeting on the track 1st ride set up problems then after that seemed to get it right and scored well after that and a point from a 3 rider race.All I am saying here is if this is the case Jack could have scored the same points as Tom.One meeting is hard to judge if one rider is better than another.

Edited by B.V 72

1 minute ago, B.V 72 said:

I hope that Toms points were all down to him I love to see a young Brit doing well.But looking on the down side Woryna seemed to have had a nightmare of a meeting and was it Jacobsens 1st meeting on the track 1st ride set up problems then after that seemed to get it right and scored well after that.All I am saying here is if this is the case Jack could have scored the same points as Tom.One meeting is hard to judge if one rider is better than another.

1 and 3 had a massive advantage all meeting with virtually no overtaking. Brennan gated alongside Zach W. Both Poole riders threw everything at him but no chance of a pass.He gated fair and square in heat two. In his other rides he wasn’t close to a point. I would say if he had been off 2 or 4 in his first ride he wouldn’t have got a point.

I can’t compare against Smith as I don’t watch him every week.

I hope that Toms points were all down to him I love to see a young Brit doing well.But looking on the down side Woryna seemed to have had a nightmare of a meeting and was it Jacobsens 1st meeting on the track 1st ride set up problems then after that seemed to get it right and scored well after that.All I am saying here is if this is the case Jack could have scored the same points as Tom.One meeting is hard to judge if one rider is better than another.

The difference for me was the gating BK Jack has sometimes been giving lengths away at the start.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

The difference for me was the gating BK Jack has sometimes been giving lengths away at the start.

Yes I would agree jacks gating is a weakness.I watch him every meeting for the Colts and he is great to watch against riders of his own ability he passes riders from the back for fun if he misses the gate.Which in the higher leagues is a lot harder to do.

I do feel he has stagnated a little this year he finished last year on a 8.20 average and this year he is at present on 8.30 but this year he is now riding at number 1.

I don't know and only my own thoughts but getting dropped by Sheffield and struggling at Swindon might have affected his confidence.

I hope that next year he can have a full season in the Championship league and leave the Premier league out for now he's not ready yet.He is a great little rider with bundles of talent He just needs a full season in the Champ league and time to develop and he will show what talent he really has.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2