British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

Call it off raining heavily now

14 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Call it off raining heavily now

What cos your being destroyed lmfao!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

What cos your being destroyed lmfao!!!!!

More likely Auntie Doris wants it stopped because the rain turns his hair frizzy :lol:

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jrs said:

More likely Auntie Doris wants it stopped because the rain turns his hair frizzy :lol:

Luckily I'm sat at home

• Like 1

Have Lynn picked the wrong team for the semi? Got a feeling on this form Belle Vue could make the final.

Seems pointless rescheduling this one

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Luckily I'm sat at home

Me too. Got to the M4 services just after 5pm and it rained heavily no sign of a break, turned round and we returned home, so glad we missed that fiasco  :t:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Me too. Got to the M4 services just after 5pm and it rained heavily no sign of a break, turned round and we returned home, so glad we missed that fiasco  :t:

Was it similar weather in Bath/Bristol area?

1 minute ago, auntie doris said:

Was it similar weather in Bath/Bristol area?

No got home and it was dry, seemed to be gone east.  The ITV weather chap forecast it at lunchtime .

7 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Apparently despite leading 11-25 the Aces refused to ride on according to Swindon Advertiser.

You mean this extract from the Advertiser.

"Swindon team manager Rossiter felt it was the right decision to call off the fixture as neither team was comfortable on the track.

“I’m bitterly disappointed. The rain came down and it was very hard,” said Rossiter

“While the meeting didn’t mean anything, I didn’t want to call it off but both sets of riders didn’t want to ride."

30 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Apparently despite leading 11-25 the Aces refused to ride on according to Swindon Advertiser.

Puddles forming on the track, from someone who was there !! No jet ski's in the pits. Can't ride.

Why is it when it rains we have to go through this pointless ritual of getting the tractors out to try make the track raceable? 

It must have rained for about 20 minutes and you could see the water lying on the track. But we have to wait until the referee, clerk of the course, Rosco,Ronnie Russell and anybody else who wants a say, have all said their piece just to decide the tractors should come out. All they do is turn over wet shale. If they'd ridden on it, it would have been like ice and somebody would have been injured. 

It was obvious after it had been raining for 20 mins it wasn't going to dry out, so why waste everyone's time trying to return the track to a raceable condition?  

As per usual the long suffering Speedway fan gets shafted.

• Like 1