British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

A sad night for me tonight a poor crowd which was expected the weather bloody annoying and no finish to the meeting.After heat  6 i went home  no way with that rain would the meeting survive.Got home and have expected them to try to run to heat 10  and  finish.

Looks like Swindon ended their season in stalemate, luckily. Any keepers in that septet (other than Zee Dub).

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A sad night for me tonight a poor crowd which was expected the weather bloody annoying and no finish to the meeting.After heat  6 i went home  no way with that rain would the meeting survive.Got home and have expected them to try to run to heat 10  and  finish.

I've left two abandoned meetings this season before they were officially called off. It's the first time I've ever done this in nearly 50 years of being a fan. Both meetings were off, so it was the right call. I never expected them to be completed, so why Waste my time. Running just 10 heats is like winning the lottery to present day promoters.

• Like 1

A very strange evening to be honest a real anti climax Cook looked very quick.I was thinking whatever the league structure next year BERGE will be a good signing for somebody he looked mighty quick tonight.

Swindon's season gone from good to pants, started off winning the Charity Shield against Vue, top of table March April, then last couple of months apart from Poole match has been crap. Must be something behind the scenes affecting the club, heavy losses, lack of new stadium? Didn't go last night but bloody awful score, how many die-hards turned up? When you look back at the end of last season with crowds of 2500 to over 3000 it's gone t1ts up. You have to fear for the future of this great club.

Roll on Monday then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Swindon's season gone from good to pants, started off winning the Charity Shield against Vue, top of table March April, then last couple of months apart from Poole match has been crap. Must be something behind the scenes affecting the club, heavy losses, lack of new stadium? Didn't go last night but bloody awful score, how many die-hards turned up? When you look back at the end of last season with crowds of 2500 to over 3000 it's gone t1ts up. You have to fear for the future of this great club.

Roll on Monday then.

You have to fear for the future of a lot of clubs.

51 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Roll on Monday then.

I went & at a guess I would say the crowd was 800 tops. Interesting to see what the club will offer for re-admission. It went past heat 6 so no full refund, re-admission is applicable . My guess is a few quid off the restaging of the rearranged meeting....I'm personally hoping they say if you went last night it's a £10 Monday but I very much doubt this.

Edited by hyabb17

32 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I went & at a guess I would say the crowd was 800 tops. Interesting to see what the club will offer for re-admission. It went past heat 6 so no full refund, re-admission is applicable . My guess is a few quid off the restaging of the rearranged meeting....I'm personally hoping they say if you went last night it's a £10 Monday but I very much doubt this.

I thought it was heat 10.?

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I thought it was heat 10.?

I believe if they go past heat 6 it's not a full refund.

This was within the report on the robins website:

''Supporters are reminded to retain their re-admission tickets, and details of discount policy will be available in the near future.''

• Like 1

Every heat not raced (upto heat 10) means a £1 discount at a future meeting

So discount of £4 will apply under standard terms

After heat 10 no discount/refund applies

THE Swindon Management have confirmed arrangements following Thursday's (Sept 6) abandoned meeting v Belle Vue and will offer prices which are an improvement on the official BSPA policy.

Supporters who purchased tickets at the stadium will be able to use their re-entry vouchers to obtain a discount of £6.00 for either the King's Lynn meeting on Monday 10th September or any other Speedway meeting held at the Abbey Stadium in 2018. Adults tickets will cost £11.00 and concessions £8.00, children (11-16) will cost £3.00.

Season ticket holders will be able to use their re-entry tickets to obtain free re-entry for either the King's Lynn meeting on Monday 10th September or any other Speedway meeting held at the Abbey stadium in 2018.

People who purchased tickets online have two options:

Option 1 - bring your receipt from Thursday’s meeting and pay the reduced rates shown above on the gate.

Option 2 - Receive a refund of £6.00 from their ticket purchase. Persons choosing option 2 should email this preference to -email-.

Anyone who cannot attend in 2018 can receive a refund by sending their re-admission tickets and a SAE to Swindon Robins, Abbey Stadium, Lady Lane, Blunsdon SN25 4DN

23 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

His old man a slow burner?

As a 17yo i recall him beating a peak mike lee. In his 2nd full season he was an england international. In his 3rd he was a meeting away from the world final, beat a world class field to win the peter craven memorial and was a genuine top flight hl while still a teenager.

Yes injuries slowed his progress and he was 23(?) before he made his world final debut.

But really he made an instant impact. 

Not necessarily making reference to his immediate impact, more the tenacity of his riding, gating etc.