British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Swindon v Belle Vue // Premiership // 6.9.18

51 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Yes I would agree jacks gating is a weakness.I watch him every meeting for the Colts and he is great to watch against riders of his own ability he passes riders from the back for fun if he misses the gate.Which in the higher leagues is a lot harder to do.

I do feel he has stagnated a little this year he finished last year on a 8.20 average and this year he is at present on 8.30 but this year he is now riding at number 1.

I don't know and only my own thoughts but getting dropped by Sheffield and struggling at Swindon might have affected his confidence.

I hope that next year he can have a full season in the Championship league and leave the Premier league out for now he's not ready yet.He is a great little rider with bundles of talent He just needs a full season in the Champ league and time to develop and he will show what talent he really has.

I totally agree BK with this post Jack has really been unlucky in his Championship stints.I can remember Jack winning a heat 2 at the Abbey a couple of years ago so the talent is there.He just needs a run like Thomas/ Bickley are getting at there clubs and he can push on to improve as a rider fingers crossed any young Brit has my full support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Jack has a 8.30 ave and Tom a 8.13 ave in the National league at the moment so not much between them so I would think thatTom would also find points hard to come by.But in truth any National league rider that comes in on a 2 point average will be totally outclassed in the prem league,the only reason they are there is so that a team can have a stronger 1 to 5 so any point they might score is a bonus.When Jack rode for Belle vue our fans understood why Jack was there and never got on his back and cheered wildly when he scored a point.Swindon fans on the whole do not seem to understand why Jack is in the team.Just look at the class of riders in the reserve positions for other teams this year to see why he is finding points hard to come by.Had Swindon fans got off his back a little so that there was no pressure he might have the odd meeting where he scored the odd point or two he did at Belle vue in a few meetings.

The only way to have a reserve that can score points every meeting is to weaken your top 5 and sign a stronger rider end of story.

Totally agree.

Jack has had a reality check this year with more pressure at number one for the Colts and just how tough Speedway can be by being let down badly by the 2nd tier teams.

credit to Swindon for sticking with him. He isn’t there to score 3 or 4 points , that’s the job of the much stronger number 6. That’s what you get when you sign a 2 pointer, it gives more options higher up the team.

had the pleasure of watching Jack in his first full year in the sport and has progressed rapidly since then. This year I agree he has stalled.

In the top flight he doesn’t have many other NL standard riders to race against. I just hope he sees this as experience as that’s really all it is.

Jack has stagnated somewhat. His old man was a slow burner and I see a lot of him in Jack. 

I think you'll see very gradual yoy improvements. He's not gifted with a natural ability like Kemp or Bewley, he has to work harder for his points. 

He will get there, but someone in the championship needs to sign him, realise the actual expectation and let him develop. That's the only way he will learn and become a better rider imo. 

Next season I'd focus on the national league, and becoming a genuine number 1, and then add a championship berth with a club that will commit to him, focus on a 3 to 4 point average in that league. 

See how that works, if there is enough development then step up to top league season after. 

Of course this is assuming the leagues don't join. 

• Like 1

Just now, acef said:

He will get there, but someone in the championship needs to sign him, realise the actual expectation and let him develop. That's the only way he will learn and become a better rider imo. 

Glasgow persisted with him last year to no avail and Sheffield obviously thought better of him this year.
As for concentrating on the NL I don't think he would improve any more. He needs more track time with challenging riders but I can't see another CL team taking him on.
Here I go again repeating myself, but I think the only way riders like Jack are going to get a fair chance is if the four reserves only race against each other with a start from each gate position. Yes you will get reserves dominating but their reward for that should maybe be getting the rides for tape offences etc.

Is there any update on the new Stadium?!!

Edited by RPNY

Save me dosh for Monday's semi I reckons

On 9/3/2018 at 1:12 PM, foreverblue said:

Tom is worth the risk don't you think considering he actually scored points last time, something Jack has failed to do on numerous occasions.

good point.

11 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Dead Rubber Meeting

Ill save my £17 ta

told you that 1 week ago like i said keep dreaming :lol: 48-42 was right only wrong way round :party:

I’ll be there. 

Do Robins fans really feel it will the last meeting at the Abbey?:(

Just now, ouch said:

I’ll be there. 

One idiot told me it would be ( one of the know alls who always tells people which riders Rosco has signed, but does not learn lessons from continually being wrong ) but we have a home meeting next monday in the KOC.  Next season is a different question.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, acef said:

Jack has stagnated somewhat. His old man was a slow burner and I see a lot of him in Jack. 

His old man a slow burner?

As a 17yo i recall him beating a peak mike lee. In his 2nd full season he was an england international. In his 3rd he was a meeting away from the world final, beat a world class field to win the peter craven memorial and was a genuine top flight hl while still a teenager.

Yes injuries slowed his progress and he was 23(?) before he made his world final debut.

But really he made an instant impact. 

6 hours ago, ouch said:

I’ll be there. 

Unfortunately I feel as though Monday will be

Will be massive crowd on Monday, hopefully won't be last one, they could reach final this year.

• Like 1