British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Newcastle Thursday

Bears at full strength , Newcastle without Ludvig Lindgren , they will use r/r , with Aarnio moving to 5 and Lindgren to 2 

I’m saying 54-36 bears

As far as I'm concerned being without Lindgren in an away fixture makes Newcastle stronger. Not enough to get a point tonight though. UTB !!

Edited by parkendlass

17 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

As far as I'm concerned being without Lindgren in an away fixture makes Newcastle stronger. Not enough to get a point tonight though. UTB !!

Aye,,, barely a 3 pointer on the road, sumink not reet. ;)

Heat 10 , one of the races of the season, 2 Amazing passes by Barker & Lunna.  

Note te to Kevin Keay Lunna must be brought back next year. 

21 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Heat 10 , one of the races of the season, 2 Amazing passes by Barker & Lunna.  

Note te to Kevin Keay Lunna must be brought back next year. 

What's your view on the Barker/ Aarnio incident?

Not a half bad meeting. I say this as a Ben Barker fan, but how on earth he was not excluded in heat 6 is beyond belief. It was a move that at best was very ambitious, and at worst reckless. Best wishes to Tero, and Mikkel B who had a tough fall as well.

Some great racing afterwards from Ben, Jorgensen and Lunna in particular. Robson was excellent value for Newcastle.

• Like 1

Reckless how come the referee who had the best view did nt  exclude him ben barker is awesome gotta be here nxt season

I'm a big Barker fan, and he would be one of my first riders signed for next season but he looked, from my angle, to ride into the side of Aarnio. No idea where the ref was looking at the time mind!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Reckless how come the referee who had the best view did nt  exclude him ben barker is awesome gotta be here nxt season

Heaven only knows. Absolutely no question that Barker lost control and T boned Aarnio into the fence. Given how obvious it was, probably one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

It has been a problem for a number of season of referees making bad decisions, as most matches are filmed for video production why not give a feed to the referees box then he can review any stoppage and hopefully give the correct decision.

It has been a problem for a number of season of referees making bad decisions, as most matches are filmed for video production why not give a feed to the referees box then he can review any stoppage and hopefully give the correct decision.

• Like 1

Re the heat 6 Barker incident, I thought that Ben came in underneath Tero who then tried to lean on him. 

The following incident was not nice to see & the referee made a brave call , if Ben had been excluded I would not have had an objection  . 

I hope that Tero recovers quickly. 

I noted the comments of George English , funny how he approved of 2 similar incidents a few seasons ago involving Richie Worrall which left Redcar with injured riders

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

George english is a wally

And your two contributions to this thread, and in view of the seriousness of the 'attack' by Barker, shows that village idiots are not a thing of the past.

Edited by Tsunami