British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Newcastle Thursday

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

You aren't the fat lump in the white shirt in the second temps stand are you ?

Was he eating doughnuts Dave, and not have much hair ? ;)

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was he eating doughnuts Dave, and not have much hair ? ;)

NO, it wasn't you. :approve:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So... what are Redcar looking at the rules for? What has happened?

No one seems to know - what we need is one of the people from "around the country" making enquiries to tell us.

I believe it is due to Sheffield using rider replacement last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boz said:

Cheers boz 

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So... what are Redcar looking at the rules for? What has happened?

1 hour ago, boz said:

As far as I can see, they used R/R for James Shanes, who was representing GB at the World Longtrack Team Cup, which is an FIM event, so can't see what Sheffield have done wrong (if this is what is being asked).

On the Scunny - Sheffield thread, someone has posted the rule which suggests there is only a facility for the day of the longtrack meeting (which is today).

47 minutes ago, boz said:

On the Scunny - Sheffield thread, someone has posted the rule which suggests there is only a facility for the day of the longtrack meeting (which is today).

Ok.  I thought (obviously incorrectly it seems) you could miss 24 hours either side of the event (presumably for travel arrangements to get to and from far off places),

2 hours ago, boz said:

If that's the case Chris Harris should be at Sheffield on Sunday, or be fined!

• Like 1

The rule quoted in the Scunny-Sheffield thread appears to be in relation to the individual long track championship, not the world team longtrack which Harris and Shanes are riding in today 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, leander said:

The Sunday is set aside in case there is a rain off on the Saturday.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, leander said:

Or perhaps he should have said, I don't want to represent my country and win a silver medal, Iwould rather go to Sheffield. Many posts on this forum bemoan the fact there is not enough international type meetings and also why is the UK so poor when riding abroad. and yet we get this type of post. Once again give me strength

21 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Or perhaps he should have said, I don't want to represent my country and win a silver medal, Iwould rather go to Sheffield. Many posts on this forum bemoan the fact there is not enough international type meetings and also why is the UK so poor when riding abroad. and yet we get this type of post. Once again give me strength

Personally I have nothing against Harris missing Sunday because of representing GB in the longtrack. To his credit he was at Glasgow on Friday night. It was just a statement that according to the FIM or BSPA rules a facility for him to be missing 24 hours before and/or after the event would apparently not exist. 

A club is bemoaning the fact that another club were granted a facility for a rider (in the longtrack as well) missing a league meeting 24 hours beforehand where it appears no facility is allowed. Either it is allowed or not. Simple. They can't both be right.

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

The Sunday is set aside in case there is a rain off on the Saturday.

No different to the GP's then. Yet they all manage to turn up in poland on the sunday.:wink: