British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Newcastle Thursday

44 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

George english is a wally

Wow your 56 according to your profile, and your still calling ppl a wally, me thinks it's time you grew up!!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Re the heat 6 Barker incident, I thought that Ben came in underneath Tero who then tried to lean on him. 

The following incident was not nice to see & the referee made a brave call , if Ben had been excluded I would not have had an objection  . 

I hope that Tero recovers quickly. 

I noted the comments of George English , funny how he approved of 2 similar incidents a few seasons ago involving Richie Worrall which left Redcar with injured riders

Honestly

Got a text off the little fella at 02.21 this morning, 

After x-rays and an MRI scan he was released from hospital, no fractures or breaks only soft tissue damage to the shoulder and upper arm muscle, he is feeling decidedly second hand and reckons he should only miss tonight's match against Glasgow with a bit of luck.

After seeing the speed he was propelled into that air bag I would say he is a lucky (lucky) lad to come away with the injuries he has as it could have been much more serious than it was

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Reckless how come the referee who had the best view did nt  exclude him ben barker is awesome gotta be here nxt season

If the referee had the best view of that blatant T-bone he needs dark glasses, a labrador, white stick, and tin can.!!

2 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Re the heat 6 Barker incident, I tho

I noted the comments of George English , funny how he approved of 2 similar incidents a few seasons ago involving Richie Worrall which left Redcar with injured riders

Never seen George’s comments of a few seasons ago so can’t comment on that but you have just said in your own words the Barker/Aarnio incident was “similar” to Richie’s so you must agree it was Barkers fault  as you must also know some Redcar fans were that enraged  about it they were saying they wished “Richie had been killed” 

• Like 3

No broken bones for Tero which is great news 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MRA said:

It has been a problem for a number of season of referees making bad decisions, as most matches are filmed for video production why not give a feed to the referees box then he can review any stoppage and hopefully give the correct decision.

This wasn't a bad decision. Unbelievable would be a more accurate description.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

This wasn't a bad decision. Unbelievable would be a more accurate description.

Funny we were stood right behind you on Thursday and when the incident happened my wife said that will be Ben out of the rerun, I said not necessarily Ben had the inside line and was slightly in front of Aarnio who appeared to me to turn into Ben and came off worse. This was later confirmed by the referee, so you see there are always two points of view. Wish Aarnio a swift recovery

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Re the heat 6 Barker incident, I thought that Ben came in underneath Tero who then tried to lean on him. 

The following incident was not nice to see & the referee made a brave call , if Ben had been excluded I would not have had an objection  . 

From our viewpoint at the stand on 1st bend we definitely felt that Ben had ridden into Tero forcing him into the air fence.

It wasn't nice to see and we fully expected Ben to be excluded, therefore we surprised to say the least when the white light went on.

Speaking to other spectators , watching from different angles,  they felt that Ben was in front and Tero leant into him - I still stand by our opinion.

Main thing is that Tero is ok and recovers as quickly as possible form any injuries he suffered.

I still think that, even if he had ridden all meeting, Bears would have ran out comfortable winners

What did George English say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradfordbear said:

Funny we were stood right behind you on Thursday and when the incident happened my wife said that will be Ben out of the rerun, I said not necessarily Ben had the inside line and was slightly in front of Aarnio who appeared to me to turn into Ben and came off worse. This was later confirmed by the referee, so you see there are always two points of view. Wish Aarnio a swift recovery

No question in my view - nor, indeed, in anyone around me.  The white exclusion light was greeted with disbelief by Redcar and Newcastle fans alike.

The way I saw it, Barker went hard under Aarnio, lost control for a moment causing him to straighten and as a result T boned him. 

Boz hits it bang on for me in his description of Barker's move, although I do not accept that hitting Aarnio was deliberate.

This is what Redcar have to say :

'The Bears man made a move up the inside and appeared to make contact with Aarnio'. 

Newcastle's George English was a little less subtle :

"It looked like we were in control early on until that moment when Tero was brought down and the referee disqualified him! Unbelievable decision,' 

Ps Nice to see my fame has spread :D I probably won't be back until next season, but say Hi if/when I am.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

as Niel Middleditch said an a live tv meeting , its not tiddlywinks  , its speedway    ! ! ! 

3 hours ago, bradfordbear said:

You and the ref must have been the only ones in th Arena with that view.

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You and the ref must have been the only ones in th Arena with that view.

Plus BB possibly ;)

• Like 1

i was middle of first and second bend and thought Barker was pulling a desperate move but got in front then Aarnio turned into him seems my logic is same as the ref`s , a side note the curfew was in serious danger once fatty english came to see how Aarnio was took him half hour to get back

13 hours ago, homer said:

i was middle of first and second bend and thought Barker was pulling a desperate move but got in front then Aarnio turned into him seems my logic is same as the ref`s , a side note the curfew was in serious danger once fatty english came to see how Aarnio was took him half hour to get back

What apathetic individual you must be. I stand with the Redcar fans when I am there by request, and fortunately you seem to be one of the last dregs of certain fans that no longer go. Fortunately you are not representative of the majority of Bears fans. You aren't the fat lump in the white shirt in the second temps stand are you ?

Edited by Tsunami

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

What apathetic individual you must be. I stand with the Redcar fans when I am there by request, and fortunately you seem to be one of the last dregs of certain fans that no longer go. Fortunately you are not representative of the majority of Bears fans. You aren't the fat lump in the white shirt in the second temps stand were you ?

Tero had the speed on Barker going into the bend and Barker knew it and blatantly didn't turn his bike.

• Like 1