British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington, SGB Championship, 31st August, 2018, 7.30pm

On 8/30/2018 at 2:11 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Get the trick track comment in, love it.

He /she is right though....as you said yourself on a different thread when Armadale is prepared grippy it is an extremely difficult track for away riders to score points on. Has as much home advantage as any track in the country, the results over the years refelect that. Not sure why you take such great offence from that being stated.

• Like 3

The only way Edinburgh won't win the play offs is if the weather prevents them from preparing a grippy track at armadale (or if they suffer injuries and I would nt wish that on any rider or team) 

• Like 1

Think we need Willie Lawson on a faster bike to enhance play off chances. 

• Like 1

We have to qualify first and that is no certainty.

worky gave up before the second corner, Ty the biggest culprit. Well done to Klindt for having a go.

Looking forward to the cup semi........eventually.

Now we need away points

8 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

We have to qualify first and that is no certainty.

worky gave up before the second corner, Ty the biggest culprit. Well done to Klindt for having a go.

Looking forward to the cup semi........eventually.

Now we need away points

Being as you've found our Achilles heel I'd have been more optimistic, should I be in your shoes, and be looking forward to the final? ;)

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He /she is right though....as you said yourself on a different thread when Armadale is prepared grippy it is an extremely difficult track for away riders to score points on. Has as much home advantage as any track in the country, the results over the years refelect that. Not sure why you take such great offence from that being stated.

What i would say to that is, that any rider worth their salt would get the set up after a heat or so, if they cant well thats not the tracks fault in my opinion. If you want to be a good rider you should be able to learn to ride any type of track. It’s to easy just riding the big open tracks where you hardly need to turn the bike and be a “throttle merchant” , the small technicall tracks sorts the men from the boys.( that is on way just directed at the comets).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

its grip that sorts the men from the boys on any size track.

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Get the trick track comment in, love it.

Yes , how can any fan call it a trick track when you can't  see half of it , just coloured helmets above the air fence. Have been there once never again it's like going to the pictures with the bottom half of the screen blanked off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes , how can any fan call it a trick track when you can't  see half of it , just coloured helmets above the air fence. Have been there once never again it's like going to the pictures with the bottom half of the screen blanked off.

What is now the 3rd & 4th bend at Armadale has always been somewhat of a viewing problem unless you are standing on the home straight and as a visiting or neutral supporter I sadly have to say there is a feeling of not being welcome among some of the Monarchs' supporters who feel that is their terrority.

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Think we need Willie Lawson on a faster bike to enhance play off chances. 

Sadly he doesn't look a shadow of his former self. Think he may well prove to be the achilles heel come the play offs. He's not improved round his home track which he should know so going to tracks he hasn't seen fo 8 years will prove more than a little testing for him i'd think.

7 hours ago, GhostRider said:

What i would say to that is, that any rider worth their salt would get the set up after a heat or so, if they cant well thats not the tracks fault in my opinion. If you want to be a good rider you should be able to learn to ride any type of track. It’s to easy just riding the big open tracks where you hardly need to turn the bike and be a “throttle merchant” , the small technicall tracks sorts the men from the boys.( that is on way just directed at the comets).

This is just great, so tell me which gear ratio? Do we change it every race as the track slickens? Back wheel right back or forward? Toe out or in line? We'll leave ignition timing and jetting for the time being and I don't think we'll need to tilt the bars forward a touch to get us up the front on grippy starts - there's not enough races to sort it all out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

What is now the 3rd & 4th bend at Armadale has always been somewhat of a viewing problem unless you are standing on the home straight and as a visiting or neutral supporter I sadly have to say there is a feeling of not being welcome among some of the Monarchs' supporters who feel that is their terrority.

Got that right their is one "lady" whose mouth is as big as her frame neither of which ard very  nice!

6 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Oh well

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Sadly he doesn't look a shadow of his former self. Think he may well prove to be the achilles heel come the play offs. He's not improved round his home track which he should know so going to tracks he hasn't seen fo 8 years will prove more than a little testing for him i'd think.

According to William tracks are far more differently set up now than they were back then. So obviously finding a set up is going to take a little bit of time he’s actually getting better each time he goes out. 

• Like 1