Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington, SGB Championship, 31st August, 2018, 7.30pm

Edinburgh going all out to win league in their final season at armadale perhaps stadium wont be their much longer !!

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

According to William tracks are far more differently set up now than they were back then. So obviously finding a set up is going to take a little bit of time he’s actually getting better each time he goes out. 

He's now had more time than the rider he replaced but hardly scoring what  Clegg would have achieved in  my opinion.

4 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

This is just great, so tell me which gear ratio? Do we change it every race as the track slickens? Back wheel right back or forward? Toe out or in line? We'll leave ignition timing and jetting for the time being and I don't think we'll need to tilt the bars forward a touch to get us up the front on grippy starts - there's not enough races to sort it all out!

Wow! Now here's someone that's been a spanner man and from back when bikes were bikes I bet?
(Who were you mechanic for?)

3 hours ago, stewmac said:

I have raced a speedway bike, so it's you who needs to crack on, pal !

what team did you ride for ?

The two Scottish ones I bet including a very successful one at Shawfield in 1994?

Thought the attitude of some of the works boys were shocking Ty proctor in particular refusing to come out in heat 13.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thought the attitude of some of the works boys were shocking Ty proctor in particular refusing to come out in heat 13.

Really? Wonder if he'll cop a ban a la Noddy at KL?

3 hours ago, jenga said:

what team did you ride for ?

Hyvinkää.

Edited by stewmac

12 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Hyvinkää.

i think my old man had a stint there .

• Like 1

What’s the weather doing at Worky.... raining all the way so far

My second visit ever to Armadale...………. so were Workington bad or Edinburgh that good, both I think.

Plus points, Klindt managed a win in heat 15.

Bad points, I still don't like the track, £18.50 for an adult, £3.00 for a programme, so two adults, programme plus drinks raffle ticket £48.00, oh and £18.00 for  bus from city centre.

Sour grapes, ouch.

Cant see me going back for many years, even some Monarchs fans on the bus called it a Dump.:o

Edinburgh looking good for the League this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

My second visit ever to Armadale...………. so were Workington bad or Edinburgh that good, both I think.

Plus points, Klindt managed a win in heat 15.

Bad points, I still don't like the track, £18.50 for an adult, £3.00 for a programme, so two adults, programme plus drinks raffle ticket £48.00, oh and £18.00 for  bus from city centre.

Sour grapes, ouch.

Cant see me going back for many years, even some Monarchs fans on the bus called it a Dump.:o

Edinburgh looking good for the League this year.

Went once around 15 years ago, stood in the 3rd/4th bend covered area where you only got to see half the race at the other end of the track , think we got well beat that night as well.  

Vowed never to return and never will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Proctor is known for it, dunno why he bothers riding sometimes.

• Like 1