British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington, SGB Championship, 31st August, 2018, 7.30pm

13 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Don't look for the track in Springburn, it's in Possil. ;):cheers:

Sorry; the shan areas of Glasgow all merge into one. :P

32 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Don't look for the track in Springburn, it's in Possil. ;):cheers:

Yes, but you have to head for Springburn first, and then Kirkintilloch(what a great name that is, best said by say a 90year woman with rimless glasses)

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but you have to head for Springburn first, and then Kirkintilloch(what a great name that is, best said by say a 90year woman with rimless glasses)

as opposed to a  local 12 year old with pint glasses?
Just wait till they tell you about Milngavie. (pronounce Mul-guy)

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

Just now, cinderfella said:

as opposed to a  local 12year old with pint glasses?

Yes, asking you if he can 'look' after your parked car for a fee. It's cheaper to pay and smile.

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, asking you if he can 'look' after your parked car for a fee. It's cheaper to pay and smile.

Indeed. I had a friend who regularly attended matches at a certain football ground in the south west of Glasgow. One night he was approached by a snotty nosed kid with the offer to look after his car for £2. My friend then pointed to the inside of his car and introduce '"Bob" his German Shepherd to the boy stating that he looked after his car.
"Aye very good Mr but can Bob blaw up yer four tyres?" came the reply.
My mate gave the lad his £2 and promised him a bonus when he back if the car was ok. He returned to find it gleaming after the wee lad had washed it in expectation of his bonus.

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Indeed. I had a friend who regularly attended matches at a certain football ground in the south west of Glasgow. One night he was approached by a snotty nosed kid with the offer to look after his car for £2. My friend then pointed to the inside of his car and introduce '"Bob" his German Shepherd to the boy stating that he looked after his car.
"Aye very good Mr but can Bob blaw up yer four tyres?" came the reply.
My mate gave the lad his £2 and promised him a bonus when he back if the car was ok. He returned to find it gleaming after the wee lad had washed it in expectation of his bonus.

Yes, but what had he washed it with. :D

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but what had he washed it with. :D

My mate said it was absolutely gleaming better than some valet services had done. The wee lad obviously had a head for business as he was always in the same spot when my mate went to matches.
Incidentally, Bob was only left in the car on cool Autumn and Spring evenings before anyone complains.

My mate said it was absolutely gleaming better than some valet services had done. The wee lad obviously had a head for business as he was always in the same spot when my mate went to matches.
Incidentally, Bob was only left in the car on cool Autumn and Spring evenings before anyone complains.

A pity that lad wasn't outside Glasgow Stadium last Friday, as he could have removed all the shale dust that I carried back to Whitley Bay,  and was still there on Saturday morning.

Just now, Tsunami said:

A pity that lad wasn't outside Glasgow Stadium last Friday, as he could have removed all the shale dust that I carried back to Whitley Bay,  and was still there on Saturday morning.

Hope you are going to return it!!!! Or better still take it to Mr English  ;)

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Need to get a better parking space I get back to mine cleaner than when I left it.

If I knew you were up I would have looked out for you next time maybe. 

Hope you are going to return it!!!! Or better still take it to Mr English  ;)

General complain is that we have too much shale on our track. Sorts the men out from the boys mind you with the ones attacking the track doing the best. Was at Edinburgh the week before, when Glasgow were there(well should have turned up I think) and left with a clean car. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Need to get a better parking space I get back to mine cleaner than when I left it.

If I knew you were up I would have looked out for you next time maybe. 

I stood with Paulco for a while.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

I stood with Paulco for a while.

He's usually spend the night on his mobile for some reason:D

41 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but you have to head for S

Coming from Newcastle there's a few places to go through before Possill. :D:cheers: