British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington, SGB Championship, 31st August, 2018, 7.30pm

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

I stood with Paulco for a while.

I don't get there until start time due to work I very rarely venture round the back straight , I only see him if I am earlier or if he needs a lift home which is rarely these days.

Sorry I missed you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

General complain is that we have too much shale on our track. Sorts the men out from the boys mind you with the ones attacking the track doing the best. Was at Edinburgh the week before, when Glasgow were there(well should have turned up I think) and left with a clean car. 

I take it you were really really there to cheer on the young lads? Some of them would have been better in the Glasgow team.

10 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

He's usually spend the night on his mobile for some reason:D

He was.

11 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I take it you were really really there to cheer on the young lads? Some of them would have been better in the Glasgow team.

Yes I am the Team Manager of those young lads + Jimmy Culbert for the night last Friday, and to see my star pupil Archie Freeman pick up the NJL 125 championship at Edinburgh the week before.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes I am the Team Manager of those young lads + Jimmy Culbert for the night last Friday, and to see my star pupil Archie Freeman pick up the NJL 125 championship at Edinburgh the week before.

Ah you have some good lads coming through then. I liked the styles of both Archie and Sam McGurk. Names we'll be hearing a lot of in the furute I don't doubt.

Just out of interest, what did you make of the refereeing for the kids? I thought it was abysmal considering the red light was slow going on when one lad took a bad high sider on the 3rd bend and then when another got his helmet peak caught in the tapes. Got to look after our future riders.

19 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Coming from Newcastle there's a few places to go through before Possill. :D:cheers:

There's a few places I went through after the meeting on Friday, due to me turning a junction early after the M8 and ending up in your great square and passing a huge brewery. Missed the Kirkintilloch turn off many times, but to miss a turn coming out is a first for me. Nice city though.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Have seen Archie Freeman a couple of times at Wolves this season in organised youth races, he is very impressive

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Ah you have some good lads coming through then. I liked the styles of both Archie and Sam McGurk. Names we'll be hearing a lot of in the furute I don't doubt.

Just out of interest, what did you make of the refereeing for the kids? I thought it was abysmal considering the red light was slow going on when one lad took a bad high sider on the 3rd bend and then when another got his helmet peak caught in the tapes. Got to look after our future riders.

Agree with the slow red light when Gregor Millar went down. The helmet getting caught wasn’t ideal but I kind of agree with letting it go if it gets the race underway and no-one is obviously injured. We’d already had quite a few restarts. 

I thought Archie Freeman and Luke Harrison were mightily impressive. Also given, he is EIGHT YEARS OLD, Caydin Martin was tremendous. Really enjoyed seeing all the riders give it their all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Must admit I wasn't very complimentary with the refereeing either. Gregor in the 125's hit the third bend hard, and we though possibly a collarbone, and when the others came around we got a bit concerned with no red lights on. He actually withdrew in his third ride and was obviously not feeling that well.   Alex jumped the start in all his three rides and it was surprising he got away with the peak in the rising tapes. The other lad to look out for for is Luke Harrison who, along with Sam, also beat Archie when he missed the gate both times. Made no mistake in the final though with a blinder 1st and 2nd bend to fly past and take a great lead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanAnderson said:

Agree with the slow red light when Gregor Millar went down. The helmet getting caught wasn’t ideal but I kind of agree with letting it go if it gets the race underway and no-one is obviously injured. We’d already had quite a few restarts. 

I thought Archie Freeman and Luke Harrison were mightily impressive. Also given, he is EIGHT YEARS OLD, Caydin Martin was tremendous. Really enjoyed seeing all the riders give it their all. 

Just out of interest do you know if it was it the actual match referee who officiated?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Must admit I wasn't very complimentary with the refereeing either. Gregor in the 125's hit the third bend hard, and we though possibly a collarbone, and when the others came around we got a bit concerned with no red lights on. He actually withdrew in his third ride and was obviously not feeling that well.   Alex jumped the start in all his three rides and it was surprising he got away with the peak in the rising tapes. The other lad to look out for for is Luke Harrison who, along with Sam, also beat Archie when he missed the gate both times. Made no mistake in the final though with a blinder 1st and 2nd bend to fly past and take a great lead.

Yeah felt the paramedics were a bit slow attending to Gregor too. I was on the third bend and it looked a real nasty one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Have seen Archie Freeman a couple of times at Wolves this season in organised youth races, he is very impressive

Yes, he has the highest average of all the 125's riders and something like 7 maximums out of 11 meetings. He is leading the BYC 150 class undefeated so far, and the final is at Newcastle on 16th September. Here's hoping.:t:

5 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Just out of interest do you know if it was it the actual match referee who officiated?

Not sure. I assumed it was the match referee but no idea tbh. You’d think it would be. 

7 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

it was Chris Durno. The same ref who excluded Tero when Ben Barker tried to demolish him at Redcar last week. Crap ref so one can see why there were mistakes in the Junior championship. Probably on a Northern Tour and new to speedway . :D:P

Just now, Tsunami said:

it was Chris Durno. The same ref who excluded Tero when Ben Barker tried to demolish him at Redcar last week. Crap ref so one can see why there were mistakes in the Junior championship. Probably on a Northern Tour and new to speedway . :D:P

No Chris has been around for a good long time. I sat in the box with him a few times when I was training but that's another story for the close season lol