British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington, SGB Championship, 31st August, 2018, 7.30pm

Teams as per Official Edinburgh website:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss (captain), William Lawson, Joel Andersson.

THOMAS ARMSTRONG COMETS: Nicolai Klindt, rider replacement for Dan Bewley, Rasmus Jensen, Mason Campton, Ty Proctor (captain), Kyle Bickley, Rene Bach.

Having already won at Armadale in the Shield, the Comets will be expected to provide the Monarchs with their sternest test at home in the League.

Despite losing the highly talented Dan Bewley to serious injury, r/r can reduce the impact of his loss with Proctor, Campton, Jensen, & Bach ( who can also take additional as reserve replacement if desired) covering his programmed rides.

Even though Edinburgh now have strengthened up with Richie Worrall in their ranks, I reckon there will be no more than 4 pts either way between the teams.

Edited by cyclone

nice to think worky can run the monarchs close after the last few home results for ed/bra . 

but lets wait n see . 

thought you had the r/r rides wrong !

Edited by jenga

Not bothered how many we win by all that matters is we win if we want to make the play offs.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not bothered how many we win by all that matters is we win if we want to make the play offs.

Well that’s a bit silly, you’re in a race for a playoff spot with Workington? That league point that they could get could be the difference between you’s winning the league or not even making the play offs?... You need to win by 7 or more.

I was there last time when we took the win over Edinburgh but tomorrow is a total different ball game. Edinburgh have strengthened since then and are nigh on unbeatable at the one of the most home advantage tracks in the league. Would be a dream to take a point but a tough place to go ..Dig deep boys, stay safe and the very best of luck :t: we carry on fighting for a play-off place 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

I was there last time when we took the win over Edinburgh but tomorrow is a total different ball game. Edinburgh have strengthened since then and are nigh on unbeatable at the one of the most home advantage tracks in the league. Would be a dream to take a point but a tough place to go ..Dig deep boys, stay safe and the very best of luck :t: we carry on fighting for a play-off place 

Get the trick track comment in, love it.

Depends  on which  Rene  Bach turns  up.  no  dan  (get  fit  soon )  definitely  weakens the  comics  

Embra  by  10-15  and  no  points  dropped. 

Saturday  looks  better  weather  wise. Bach back in body  of  team  so  possible  away  point  me  hopes. Just  don`t  allow  any  of the  cumbrian  medics  to  go  daft  with the  morphine  again. 

The Monarchs have only one suspect spot in their team at the moment and with Workington having Bach at reserve on Friday they may be able to use that to their advantage using reserve replacements.
Think Edinburgh could well take all 7pts from this weekend's meetings.

I see Edinburgh have managed to get rid of Berwick who was meant to be there on Friday as a double header with NBJ at reserve and Summers at 2 and will now be going with Gappmaier at reserve (useless around Armadale) and Summers at 1 in a couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I see Edinburgh have managed to get rid of Berwick who was meant to be there on Friday as a double header with NBJ at reserve and Summers at 2 and will now be going with Gappmaier at reserve (useless around Armadale) and Summers at 1 in a couple of weeks.

Don't think the riding order would make much difference to Berwick at Armadale,NJB was poor there in the cup match.Would not be expecting anything from this match

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Can you please tell me when this was ever the case? As nothing has ever been said about a double header. Only the meeting would be rerun on the 14th of September, but if you’d like to imply we’re running scared of Berwick and makes you feel better then that’s okay. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don't think the riding order would make much difference to Berwick at Armadale,NJB was poor there in the cup match.Would not be expecting anything from this match

Edinburgh are turning Armadale into a Fortress and I don't fancy anyone's chances there for the rest of the season.
I think they have one weakness at the moment, and that could or should improve, but that didn't stop them overturning us (Glasgow) last week in what was a pretty impressive display.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He was doing ok there in the abandoned meeting. Think if the match had went on Berwick would have got something from the meeting (more than in the replay) as the reserves looked pretty dominant. Was also not the usual Ricky.

With regards to the possible double header you should ask your promoter (mr Blobby).  I think it was in the Evening news about it going to be a double header but with some clubs wanting the cut off date put back it made sense to put the Berwick match back a couple of weeks (no one wants to run a double header unless there are no other options).

Another huge with  win for the Monarchs with, as I said previously, only one area of concern and with all likelyhood of going into the play-offs that must be a slight worry.
Richie Worrall still unbeaten by an opponent at Armadale eyt poor guy with one of the best averages in the league misses out on the CLRC but someone who has only done THREE meetings gets a place. No wonder the meeting isn't taken seriously!!!
(And to save you looking I'm not even a Monarchs' supporter lol)