British Speedway Forum
TesarRacing

Somerset Speedway.....

Norfolk Braves ran out of Kings Lynn for a short time, I think it was in between being at Skegness and being renamed Boston.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Norfolk Braves ran out of Kings Lynn for a short time, I think it was in between being at Skegness and being renamed Boston.

Cleveland Bays and Anglian Angels (?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

If you want discuss Somerset you need to go to the Premiership section. This thread is about teams not named after towns or cities. 

Anyway, apart from Kent and Somerset I don't think there's many more.

Edit:- Bristol today is actually classified as a county, so Bristol Bulldogs would qualify.

Oxford Cheetahs

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

If you want discuss Somerset you need to go to the Premiership section. This thread is about teams not named after towns or cities. 

Anyway, apart from Kent and Somerset I don't think there's many more.

Edit:- Bristol today is actually classified as a county, so Bristol Bulldogs would qualify.

Apart from plenty more listed earlier in this thread! Oh, and add Arena Essex too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

Apart from plenty more listed earlier in this thread! Oh, and add Arena Essex too.

Are my posts invisible to everyone? Arena Essex was the first team I mentioned yesterday, and I named several others. Now you are all coming up with the teams I said!

Steve

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Steve

Pardon?

Anyway - Arena Essex :lol: 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Is Somerset the only speedway team currently and over the years to be named after a county as opposed to a town or city etc?

An historical county, county borough, or modern ceremonial or preserved county?

I'd think many speedway teams over the years would have been situated in county boroughs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

An historical county, county borough, or modern ceremonial or preserved county?

I'd think many speedway teams over the years would have been situated in county boroughs. 

If Metropolitan Counties count, London Lions. 

If riders count, Denzil Kent, Dave Durham, Leon Flint and Chris "Greater" Manchester. 

blob.png.8108a877410030b08309c6a651355974.png

Don't think anyone has mentioned Arena Essex yet either. Quite an obvious one really.  

blob.png

Edited by Mr Ore
format
  • Like 1

the plan to launch a Yorkshire Dukes. Gone a bit quiet though after a big announcement.

7 minutes ago, ch958 said:

the plan to launch a Yorkshire Dukes. Gone a bit quiet though after a big announcement.

Brand new stadium being built in York...great venue and millions of visitors. Joking of course :cry:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

If Metropolitan Counties count, London Lions. 

If riders count, Denzil Kent, Dave Durham, Leon Flint and Chris "Greater" Manchester. 

What about Todd Wiltshire, David Cheshire and Lee Derbyshire?

Steve

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Buttons said:

Oxford Cheetahs

?

14 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Brand new stadium being built in York...great venue and millions of visitors. Joking of course :cry:

...you never know I'd probably give it a visit living in York as I do! However I've left the front door wide open to allow the 'Flying Pig' that often frequents my house an easy escape route!

• Like 1