British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Wednesday September 5th double header

12 (TWELVE) league matches from March to September and they have to hold a second double header against the same team.

must have been busy with KO Cup matches as they have reached the semi finals having got through ONE round already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

12 (TWELVE) league matches from March to September and they have to hold a second double header against the same team.

must have been busy with KO Cup matches as they have reached the semi finals having got through ONE round already. 

Yes, it's a pathetic way to run what is claimed as a professional sport seeking wider credibility.

But they can pull in 1,000 and are happy with that.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

It’s shambolic, but it is what it is and I think the time to dissect it is when the season is done. More importantly Lynn need six points from this to finish top, along with a couple from the two preceding evenings. I’m a bit concerned about four matches in three nights, the toll on man and machinery could be significant. Just hope we come through it with all seven riders in one piece.

In 8 weeks of June and July we rode in only 3 matches,   we had  3 cancellations,  ( Leicester(H), Somerset(A), and Rye House(H))    in what was to be the best summer for some years.    Now the team is expected to ride 4 meetings in 3 nights as the consequence of these stupid FRN's ..   Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket !!      its ridiculous to expect this from the riders or machines.  

Like Bagpuss has mentioned,  just hope everyone come through unharmed from this terrific schedule, and we achieve the honour we will so rightly deserve.      I sit here and wonder  what is the thought pattern of those who instigated these FRN,    will they be thinking  all's well that ends well,   or will they be thinking what a bloody mess this has been!!    or will they be thinking they couldn't give adamn...

But nothing can hide the fact, that this fixture schedule is a complete and utter shambles …….

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s shambolic, but it is what it is and I think the time to dissect it is when the season is done. More importantly Lynn need six points from this to finish top, along with a couple from the two preceding evenings. I’m a bit concerned about four matches in three nights, the toll on man and machinery could be significant. Just hope we come through it with all seven riders in one piece.

I think we might just do a Poole on Monday, then try to make a statement at Somerset on Tuesday. Even without Iversen we're more than capable.

We've been on this road before though, needing to beat bottom of the table Leicester at home to make the Play-Offs and got beaten. Stranger things do happen. Although the Play-Off place is nailed on, the chance to make the first pick is big as the team that does top the table WILL NOT be picking the Pirates.

Edited by Daniel Smith

44 minutes ago, g13webb said:

But nothing can hide the fact, that this fixture schedule is a complete and utter shambles …….

That's Speedway, the only sport that lost it's way and failed to find it again. Managed decline in full swing.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Like Bagpuss has mentioned,  just hope everyone come through unharmed from this terrific schedule, and we achieve the honour we will so rightly deserve.      I sit here and wonder  what is the thought pattern of those who instigated these FRN,    will they be thinking  all's well that ends well,   or will they be thinking what a bloody mess this has been!!    or will they be thinking they couldn't give adamn...

Some of the promoters were almost certain that the FRNs would be Mondays and Thursdays so no clashes with Denmark, all good but no, went ** up.  Would it have been easier to work round Thursday Championship speedway than Wednesday Danish speedway I wonder?

It would be interesting to know who  forced  Buster into the match  at Somerset next  Tuesday as Buster  said he didn't agree to it ( For Obvious Reasons0

Maybe he should have taken one of the 3 other dates that Somerset offered earlier in the season!!!!??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

It would be interesting to know who  forced  Buster into the match  at Somerset next  Tuesday as Buster  said he didn't agree to it ( For Obvious Reasons0

The MC

7 hours ago, g13webb said:

In 8 weeks of June and July we rode in only 3 matches,   we had  3 cancellations,  ( Leicester(H), Somerset(A), and Rye House(H))    in what was to be the best summer for some years.    Now the team is expected to ride 4 meetings in 3 nights as the consequence of these stupid FRN's ..   Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket !!      its ridiculous to expect this from the riders or machines.  

FRN's hasn't caused the problem but the night (Wednesday) chosen most certainly has!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe he should have taken one of the 3 other dates that Somerset offered earlier in the season!!!!??

Maybe he should... But only a fool would agree to dates that would mean riding without your full team of riders.     but please don't let reality get in the way of  responsibility...

When Matt Ford  instigated having Wednesdays as one of the fixed race night, he knew the 2nd divisions teams  would consolidate  his suggestion that allowed Poole to retain their normal race night.    What a pity he didn't think more about the sport, rather  than his own personal  situation.     As soon as the FRN were assigned to Mondays and Wednesdays, it was a decision that meant the days when the Danes rode in our league were numbered.     Signing  3 Danish riders,  Kings Lynn were  always going to suffer the consequences of these clashing dates.  coupled to that the 6 cancelled meetings, that we have suffered,  plus the Rye House withdrawal,  you understand  the inevitable problems with the fixtures...

• Like 1

It’s not all doom and gloom. More admittance, fuel, program and drink money saved and I prefer speedway this time of year too. The more important meetings feel closer to the playoffs. I’d say a few lions fans (mad ones) could be tempted to it too rather than 2ce in 2 weeks. I’m what I consider part of the hardcore but meetings vs that team 2 weeks on the trot feels like a chore! Best do it in 1 night of 30 races at a discount!

But don’t let the positives ruin your guys negativity! The price of fuel is high, the nights are getting longer and the creases on your foreheads are getting deeper and more plentiful. Blame buster for all life’s ills =p 

• Like 1