British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Wednesday September 5th double header

I'm not blaming Buster at all,     I believe the fixture situation has been  created  by the lack of forethought on behalf of the whole BSPA.    It was always going to be  a rush to get the matches in,   same as last year.   But as always they don't learn....       

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant,  far from it,   more of a realist .     In my mind we need 7 pts  from them remaining 4 matches to top the league,    That's  6 from the DH against Leicester,   leaving  just 1 needed from the Wolves clash.   Anything else will be a bonus....    If we were racing these matches on a normal schedule,   the results would be as expected,  but racing them on consecutive nights is a totally different proposition.  The odds are stacked against  us  going through 4 matches without any problems.    All you need is a couple of blown bikes or a bad fall and then we are in the hands of the gods...

Riding 4 matches in 3 days is a big ask...……….For everyone...

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Riding 4 matches in 3 days is a big ask...……….For everyone...

Riding 4 matches is a mad ask as well as a big ask. Beggars belief that anyone "planned" the fixture list months ago. The doubleheader V Wolves may have gone relatively smoothly but that is not to say it can be repeated. Sod's Law truly exists.

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

But as always they don't learn

What can you say! Things will never change because there is no shared impetus to change things for the better within the BSPA.

And believe it or not I am not a Doom & Gloom merchant either but I am a realist who can see no future progress without enormous changes within the sport in the UK.

When Easter was a wash out the cut off date should've been extended, BT would've had tons of time to reschedule their progs then? 

53 minutes ago, Trees said:

When Easter was a wash out the cut off date should've been extended, BT would've had tons of time to reschedule their progs then? 

but why did we have the hottest, driest summer on record with barely any fixtures taking place? they should have been rearranged earlier in the year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How many teams have had to arrange double headers this season and how many have had/are having a second double header - just the one #justsaying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been trying to work out how many. But I ran out of noses to add them up on. We will soon be reassured that all of this will not happen in 2019 / 2020 / 2021 and certainly before UK speedway folds in on itself.

14 hours ago, g13webb said:

Maybe he should... But only a fool would agree to dates that would mean riding without your full team of riders.     but please don't let reality get in the way of  responsibility...

When Matt Ford  instigated having Wednesdays as one of the fixed race night, he knew the 2nd divisions teams  would consolidate  his suggestion that allowed Poole to retain their normal race night.    What a pity he didn't think more about the sport, rather  than his own personal  situation.     As soon as the FRN were assigned to Mondays and Wednesdays, it was a decision that meant the days when the Danes rode in our league were numbered.     Signing  3 Danish riders,  Kings Lynn were  always going to suffer the consequences of these clashing dates.  coupled to that the 6 cancelled meetings, that we have suffered,  plus the Rye House withdrawal,  you understand  the inevitable problems with the fixtures...

So when there was an impasse at the AGM over the Mon/Thurs FRN, with Championship clubs refusing to support what had already been agreed with FIM, what alternative night should have been proposed by MF or any other Premiership promoter for that matter? Poole can run M/W/Th/F with sufficient notice, but the SGBC clubs would not have supported Fridays either (they have enough problems fitting their Friday fixtures in now!!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

How many teams have had to arrange double headers this season and how many have had/are having a second double header - just the one #justsaying

Just one, that being the team full of Danish riders who therefore had to have lots of blank Wednesdays as most of our team were riding in their homeland. Chuck in two or three rain offs and you get the need for two double headers. At least they are in the school holidays and in decent weather but certainly very much less than ideal, and it needs sorting for next year.

• Like 3

It is whoever agreed Monday and Thursday with the FIM, without first making sure it would be approved at the AGM, who are to blame for the eventual fiasco at the AGM.

Other than through injuries, illness and other unforeseeable circumstances, it shouldn't happen that teams have to ride league and cup fixture without heat leaders. Unfortunately, in the disorganised world of UK speedway it seems beyond the ability of those in charge to organise a fixture list that avoids it. However, until those in charge get their act together, we have to live with it and I don't remember many King's Lynn supporters complaining when they came to the NSS when we were missing Cook, Fricke and the injured Worrall.

26 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It is whoever agreed Monday and Thursday with the FIM, without first making sure it would be approved at the AGM, who are to blame for the eventual fiasco at the AGM.

Other than through injuries, illness and other unforeseeable circumstances, it shouldn't happen that teams have to ride league and cup fixture without heat leaders. Unfortunately, in the disorganised world of UK speedway it seems beyond the ability of those in charge to organise a fixture list that avoids it. However, until those in charge get their act together, we have to live with it and I don't remember many King's Lynn supporters complaining when they came to the NSS when we were missing Cook, Fricke and the injured Worrall.

I can remember several of us commenting on how we were in the right place at the right time and had been fortunate to meet you on that night. Also as it was a GP qualifier (which shouldn’t be raced on Mondays anyway as it’s a UK race day) it could easily have been Iversen & Lambert missing that night.

Your last sentence rather spoils what was up til them a very good post. Our fixture list is a shambles and I think Lynn favs are entitled to express their displeasure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember several of us commenting on how we were in the right place at the right time and had been fortunate to meet you on that night. Also as it was a GP qualifier (which shouldn’t be raced on Mondays anyway as it’s a UK race day) it could easily have been Iversen & Lambert missing that night.

Your last sentence rather spoils what was up til them a very good post. Our fixture list is a shambles and I think Lynn favs are entitled to express their displeasure.

I said that I didn't remember many complaining and you say several did. Not much of a difference between not many and several.

Don't get me wrong, it's human nature for more people to complain when it affects them. It's not just a King's Lynn thing. 

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Had Lynn agreed for Belle Vue to postpone the meeting for a more convenient time ,      we could have ended up with another Double Header.    How unselfish of Lynn to do that.:t:  

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Had Lynn agreed for Belle Vue to postpone the meeting for a more convenient time ,      we could have ended up with another Double Header.    How unselfish of Lynn to do that.:t:  

No, we wouldn't have had any trouble fitting it in especially now we know that PL teams can race on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That does apply to everyone, doesn't it? :D

The FIM discussed the make up of the potential line ups with the each countries governing body to help minimise disruption at club level. 

The BSPA forced Belle Vue to complete the Stars fixture dispite our strenuous attempts to change it.