British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Wednesday September 5th double header

25 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Crowd probably nearly  ten times bigger than NL matches I went to 

A very, very happy Buster then! Because there were often 200 fans there for NL matches when Robert Lambert was 'doing the business" and that means that around 2,000 rolled up for the latest doubleheader. What a fairy tale.

5 hours ago, Trees said:

Me too, what rubbish! 

#fakenews

There were many reasons why last night's crowd was  questionable,     Kids back to  school,   Increased costs of a double header,   A more important match on the Television,   and a result that was to all concerned a foregone conclusion,   and also the fact, that  all the riders must have been truly knackered , couldn't have inspired much confidence of an exciting meetings. 

I'm one of those 'Día-hard' fans who always goes and last night was as enjoyable as ever.    Yes,  the scores was onesided,  Yes, the grippy track produced some fast races, most of which were gate and go, but scattered throughout the program were some  edge of the seat moments that stirs even the most conservative minds..    All of the Star riders came to the party. Robert again showed everyone he is now the top man in the league.    either winning by a distance,  or from the back, it made little difference , he was immense.   TJ,  MPT,  Erik  and  Simon Lambert all performed well .   Even guest Adam Ellis joined in the party making sure that Lynn didn't miss the injured Ty Proctor.   The only person to struggle was Niels, but he joined in later when the track became more to his liking...

We were assured of topping the league,  once we had witnessed  Fricke winning heat 13  on our phone during the interval, making the second match a dead rubber.   But the riders still went out and did the business.    The way Hans reacted  after winning heat 15 in that second match was testament of what it meant to him.   He raced in 13 races on the night and been passed many times,  to actually beat Niels and Robert at last  meant so much to him.....      

To top the league for the first time in the clubs history was just reward for the effect and form the Stars have shown this years.      Now to the Play-Offs'

Edited by g13webb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

A very, very happy Buster then! Because there were often 200 fans there for NL matches when Robert Lambert was 'doing the business" and that means that around 2,000 rolled up for the latest doubleheader. What a fairy tale.

Later part of the time 120. I counted them.

What difference does it make how many were there ?  As long as it stacks up for Buster over the course of the season that’s all that should concern you.

3 hours ago, semion said:

Silly comments about a National League crowd.  Ok it wasn’t massive but not bad for the quality of the meeting, cost, early start etc.

I just hope that NKI can bring his A game to the party in the play-offs.  Think Lynns chances revolve around what he does.

that all depends on what sort of track buster prepares. If it's another super grippy track, then no, Niels will struggle as he did in the first meeting last night.If Buster prepares a slicker track we will see Niels in full flight AND better , closer  racing. 

From my experience at the NSS, nowadays slicker is better. Must be something to do with the bikes as it seems counterintuitive to me, a fan from the seventies. 

Happy to say thanks to  "trees" and my taxi with "malcolm" i got to lynn last night enjoyed the racing not much passing but fast and close and the burger was quite good value am still tasteing it this morn , so thanks again for sorting me out see all next time when local in the big red bus .

• Like 3

Congratulations to Kings Lynn Stars for finishing top of the SGB Prem. Good luck in the play offs

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Seen comments that tonight's crowd not much bigger than the national league crowds we used to get.

With kids back at school and a double header it's to be expected 

Comments like that this are not helpful.

If you are going to comment on the crowd, I don't know, maybe you should turn up and see for yourself before peddling somebody else's unreliable and down right incorrect statement.

C'mon, I'm not asking for blind optimism, just not blanket cynicism which is pretty poisonous.

We've just finished top, we have a massive meeting versus BV in a few weeks, lets concentrate on making the best atmosphere we can to help the riders win the league for the very first time.

• Like 3

Fantastic achievement by the Stars to finish top of the  league. No more negativity. Let's all get behind the Stars and roar them on to be champions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

that all depends on what sort of track buster prepares. If it's another super grippy track, then no, Niels will struggle as he did in the first meeting last night.If Buster prepares a slicker track we will see Niels in full flight AND better , closer  racing. 

You may say that is the reason Cast, but he didn’t look that great in match 2 heat 7 when he was tailed off at the back.  Think there are various reasons he doesn’t look his old self at Saddlebow, one of which maybe the track.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, castrolargh said:

But what is more important,   brilliant races and losing, or  grippier track and winning.     That's a big question.  I have witness many years when our track was of no home advantage and the opposition loved to race here.   Yes, we have seen some wonderful races, but have won only a handful of  trophies, never the big one.    Now we have the opportunity to write our name in the history books, and to me any help from the track preparation would be most welcome.   You may depend that the Rebels and Poole will have their track to suit them .    I feel for Belle Vue because every rider loves the track and the home advantage is minimal, if they were to change it,  then it would be a handicap to BV as well..  

The only fact that is important is the score.   You wont read in the books  that  the Lynn meeting was fantastic  all you well see is the result...      So if we have to witness 15 G & G races  to win, then so be it.     We can prepare the track to entertain next year :t:  :cheers:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

But what is more important,   brilliant races and losing, or  grippier track and winning.     That's a big question.  I have witness many years when our track was of no home advantage and the opposition loved to race here.   Yes, we have seen some wonderful races, but have won only a handful of  trophies, never the big one.    Now we have the opportunity to write our name in the history books, and to me any help from the track preparation would be most welcome.   You may depend that the Rebels and Poole will have their track to suit them .    I feel for Belle Vue because every rider loves the track and the home advantage is minimal, if they were to change it,  then it would be a handicap to BV as well..  

The only fact that is important is the score.   You wont read in the books  that  the Lynn meeting was fantastic  all you well see is the result...      So if we have to witness 15 G & G races  to win, then so be it.     We can prepare the track to entertain next year :t:  :cheers:

Totally agree.

This stage of the season it's win at all costs mentality. Just has to be.

Buster has to have the lads in for practice days and have the lads 'rolling in the deep'.

To win the league you need to be a team and have a well rehearsed home advantage. Prepare the track and never alter it regardless of weather conditions. If there's bad weather, postpone the meeting, simple as that.

Play every card to your advantage.

This is King's Lynn's best chance for a long long time to change history. 

• Like 1

Doctoring tracks is symptomatic of the win at all costs attitude which has contributed to the sports decline. Winning trophies is good for the hard core fans and glory hunters but does little to help the sport at large. Individual team success will be worth little if the sport continues to decline.

Nobody, potential new fans or, those who no longer go, will be enticed to attend in the future by gate and go racing when the play offs are televised. It is an opportunity when more people are going to attend at the tracks and to view on TV to show how good the sport can be, not to confirm many peoples preconception that whoever gates first wins.

Many condemn promoters for looking after their own interests rather than seeing the bigger picture and now some fans are doing exactly the same.