British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Wednesday September 5th double header

If we don't win and it will be against the odds if we do, then I would like to see King's Lynn do it. Partly because you finished top of the league but also because you have waited so long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I know there's contradiction but the situations are different. As a whole the sport needs to be thrilling, wheel to wheel, handlebar bashing etc. It's everything we all crave as a spectacle and want it to happen week in week out. But, as a fan of the Stars, at this stage in the season, I really couldn't care less how we win these Play-Offs. We've never won the top flight title. If our home meetings were won 75-15 not a single home fan would care a jot, the focus for all is to simply see this club win the top flight title. It is the be all and end all. 

Yes, it's a contradiction, but at the end of the day the desperation for our club to finally be in the record books as league champions far outweigh the need for exciting meetings. That winning feeling will be exciting enough for all of us. 

supporters certainly do moan when winning big all the time, even at Kings Lynn .. remember the PL years when it was happening and fans stayed away more often because it was regular.

also, remember the play-off semi final against Sheffield when the track was made VERY deep (already won 75-15 against them earlier in the season), and the Kings Lynn riders didn't deal well with it and Sheffield made the final.

i say keep it how it is because riders like Neils won't go well on a deep track and KL need his points

21 minutes ago, stevehone said:

supporters certainly do moan when winning big all the time, even at Kings Lynn .. remember the PL years when it was happening and fans stayed away more often because it was regular.

also, remember the play-off semi final against Sheffield when the track was made VERY deep (already won 75-15 against them earlier in the season), and the Kings Lynn riders didn't deal well with it and Sheffield made the final.

i say keep it how it is because riders like Neils won't go well on a deep track and KL need his points

Neils seems to have his better rides in 13 and 15. Backing up Lambo. I think at Lynn you have to prepare it for most of the team. If Neils is the only one who likes it slick why not make it grippy and later on Neils will come into it in 13 and 15 when is slicks off..Of course I don't know who can ride Lynn deep, but it seems more can than not.

20 hours ago, Aces51 said:

If we don't win and it will be against the odds if we do, then I would like to see King's Lynn do it. Partly because you finished top of the league but also because you have waited so long.

My sentiment exactly.   Have always regarded Belle Vue as my second choice......and neither of those clubs has had much success of late.

In regards to my previous post you commented on,    I am of no illusion what is right and wrong regarding track preparation,   and would always choose a neutral track for fast and competitive racing,  over one that generates  G&G philosophy .    BUT and a big but,   after we have waited 50 odd years to win that illusive trophy,   if we can gain any advantage from having a grippy track, then I for one will accept that with open arms...      No, it might not provide  terrific telly,   it may put people off,   but we have to grab every advantage we can.   

Please don't expect me to apologise  for them views.  I'm sure if most people were to speak the truth,   they would feel the same way.....      

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, g13webb said:

My sentiment exactly.   Have always regarded Belle Vue as my second choice......and neither of those clubs has had much success of late.

In regards to my previous post you commented on,    I am of no illusion what is right and wrong regarding track preparation,   and would always choose a neutral track for fast and competitive racing,  over one that generates  G&G philosophy .    BUT and a big but,   after we have waited 50 odd years to win that illusive trophy,   if we can gain any advantage from having a grippy track, then I for one will accept that with open arms...      No, it might not provide  terrific telly,   it may put people off,   but we have to grab every advantage we can.   

Please don't expect me to apologise  for them views.  I'm sure if most people were to speak the truth,   they would feel the same way.....      

I understand and can sympathize with why you feel as you do. I just think that speedway needs as much help as it can get to survive. The plays offs are a showcase opportunity to show how good it can be to a wider audience and shooting ourselves in the foot by deliberately producing boring racing would be madness. 

Let's hope that no team does go that far, that we have some fantastic racing and that in the end the the best team wins.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The plays offs are a showcase opportunity to show how good it can be to a wider audience and shooting ourselves in the foot by deliberately producing boring racing would be madness. 

Madness but the kind of decision you see from Promoters and Team Managers who do not care about the future of the sport. They see a shiny cup and a "forever" listing as Simply the Best for 2018. Sad.

Playoff matches should be run on tracks prepared to offer good, fair racing with all riders ready to give it a go. NOT Gate & Go. Such matches could even attract new fans for 2019 and the inevitable " New Era".

It's a toss up between great racing which may bring the fans back or the elation of regular fans making the atmosphere fantastic because the home team are winning big, I wouldn't like to say what would bring newbies back, I guess good racing would bring the lapsed fans back... 

• Like 1

Don't know what we really need to get the crowds back to be honest.If it was purely because of great racing Belle Vue would be packed to the rafters every week.I think we also need some characters,like the incidents maybe with Lambert at Wolves and Andersen at Lynn the other week.These seemed to get the crowd involved and created a bit more of an atmosphere.There were plenty of characters back in the days when we did have good crowds,is that too what we need?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Don't know what we really need to get the crowds back to be honest.If it was purely because of great racing Belle Vue would be packed to the rafters every week.I think we also need some characters,like the incidents maybe with Lambert at Wolves and Andersen at Lynn the other week.These seemed to get the crowd involved and created a bit more of an atmosphere.There were plenty of characters back in the days when we did have good crowds,is that too what we need?

Absolutely what the sport needs. The best times at King's Lynn was having Buster racing up to the referee box, ranting and raving, with his cloth out cleaning the glass etc. Added far more spice to the evening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to see everyone showing passion for the club, particularly the track staff, no sitting on the fence Kevin, no diplomacy, total bias lol. 

It totally annoys me that the speakers are bad in places as the music should be blaring out, after being specially picked, we need to hear the interviews etc. The mascot needs to be running round before the meeting showing off, egging on the crowd, particularly away fans, standing in the centre ridiculously cheering and waving on the riders, anything that entertains :D