British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves. Prem B. 5/9/18

The final league meeting of the season next Wednesday before the playoffs, and we welcome Wolverhampton to Wimborne Road.

A chance for the boys to put the disaster at Kings Lynn behind them and get a decent win. Hopefully Stuart Dickson is back from his holidays to get the track just how the boys like it.

I can’t see further than a Pirates win of around 52-38ish.

Thoughts?

BB thoughts...…. You can't think Poole had a "disaster" at King's Lynn. You said Poole wasn't bothered and didn't try !!.. I expect Poole to whoop em, same as you Steve :nono:

• Like 2

Bearing in mind this result is not important,   and the so-called  Poole's  plan to reduce their averages,    I can only see an easy  win  for WOLVES,   lets say   35 -55..    :party:

45 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Bearing in mind this result is not important,   and the so-called  Poole's  plan to reduce their averages,    I can only see an easy  win  for WOLVES,   lets say   35 -55..    :party:

Oh dear, you're not supposed to make it obvious! A small win will be fine :D 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The final league meeting of the season next Wednesday before the playoffs, and we welcome Wolverhampton to Wimborne Road.

A chance for the boys to put the disaster at Kings Lynn behind them and get a decent win. Hopefully Stuart Dickson is back from his holidays to get the track just how the boys like it.

I can’t see further than a Pirates win of around 52-38ish.

Thoughts?

I cant understand why you think that Kings Lynn away isnt important so Poole didnt try , yet you expect them to win easily at home?

Poole picking and choosing what matches to try in lol

Surely the Poole boys wont want to try to hard and get injured.

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I cant understand why you think that Kings Lynn away isnt important so Poole didnt try , yet you expect them to win easily at home?

All teams want to win in front of their own fans whether it's important or not

58 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

All teams want to win in front of their own fans whether it's important or not

I get that

So then its ok for the Poole riders to cheat the hardcore support who go to away matches by not trying.

We have been told by numerous Poole fans on here that they were not bothered at Lynn as they were assured their play off place. If they have been told to take it easy by either Ford or MIddlo then thats a disgusting way to repay the Poole fans who had made the effort to travel.

What really happened was that Poole were totally thumped by a much better side. If the Poole reserves dont fire the team doesnt win simple as that.

For this match i expect Poole to win by at least 15.................assuming they are trying of course

54 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It is true the Kings Lynn meeting was always going to have little bearing on our final league position, I wouldn't say we should beat Wolves at home without trying too hard. I doubt we missed the gate in the early races on purpose but the track was quite deep by all accounts so difficult to pass in the early heats so once we missed the gate no much point in trying too hard. I don't see how you can say to riders go like the wind in one race then say make sure you come last in this one. I know there have been meetings in the past where we have been accused of match average manipulation but I don't believe that was the case at Kings Lynn but the fact that Klindt wasn't shows a lack of desire to really go for it. Kings Lynn no doubt were really up for it and  fully deserved their victory but I would be very surprised if history repeated itself at Kings Lynn or our home match against Kings Lynn where we won by a similar scoreline.

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

I get that

So then its ok for the Poole riders to cheat the hardcore support who go to away matches by not trying.

We have been told by numerous Poole fans on here that they were not bothered at Lynn as they were assured their play off place. If they have been told to take it easy by either Ford or MIddlo then thats a disgusting way to repay the Poole fans who had made the effort to travel.

What really happened was that Poole were totally thumped by a much better side. If the Poole reserves dont fire the team doesnt win simple as that.

For this match i expect Poole to win by at least 15.................assuming they are trying of course

But I doubt  most hardcore support was there, I go to a lot of away meetings but didn't go and I expect many felt the same. After all it is a  bloody long way from Dorset to see your team get hammered!

Shock, horror - Gavan  in post-holiday Poole thread return! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I doubt we missed the gate in the early races on purpose but the track was quite deep by all accounts so difficult to pass in the early heats so once we missed the gate no much point in trying too hard

Better by far then to have matches consisting of 50 NOT 15 "heats" of one lap each to allow for the non gaters to have another go or three.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Comfy win for the Pirates.

With one or two Pirates having a bad meeting :blink:

Wolves could string a bit of a suprise hear with a point gained too late as Wolves will be much better using a guest in their final few meetings and hope to finish higher than sixth of seven, 

With meaningless meetings & Worralls slow engines I'm expecting a Wolves win. . . Unless they were all grasping excuses by the cheats fans of course.

Can any Poole fan just clear up whether this meeting is meaningless, testing engines, different track man, hole in the track, wet/dry weather, high tide, tired riders....to avoid any excuses before this match happens.

Don't expect any answers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1