British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves. Prem B. 5/9/18

credit to sam masters in heat 13 and15 he held the lead the whole 4 laps two excellent races to finish the meeting off :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

As expected the table doesn't lie.

One wolves 'fan' was so so so excited back in April about them being 'table toppers' (lol!), their season has fallen apart like a cheap suit (surely cheap team?) and it has finished almost exactly how I predicted back in November!

Ironically the fan incessantly trolling my posts meant my advice to sign an 'old favourite like Howe' was missed and with it any chance (apart from injuries) of not finishing bottom had gone.

#I♡karma

I don't remember any Wolves fan getting over excited at their teams league position in April! Trolls - ha!

• Like 3

So the 'plan' finally reaches fruition (hopefully not too late) with Bomber taking over the number 1 spot from October 1st - the semifinal 2nd leg! and the opportunity to mix-up the riding order.  Yes I know the argument that Bomber isn't a number 1 anymore, but thats not the point. He will do as good a job if not better than Brady whilst taking the pressure off Brady's shoulders.  If we can just manage to keep it tight on 17th then who knows.

As for having weaker reserves with Richie and Freddy - give me paid 19 every week and that'll do me.

ps. Good to see some more dirt on the track last night.

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

I don't remember any Wolves fan getting over excited at their teams league position in April! Trolls - ha!

Trolls do what trolls do - ha! ;):D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So the 'plan' finally reaches fruition (hopefully not too late) with Bomber taking over the number 1 spot from October 1st - the semifinal 2nd leg! and the opportunity to mix-up the riding order.  Yes I know the argument that Bomber isn't a number 1 anymore, but thats not the point. He will do as good a job if not better than Brady whilst taking the pressure off Brady's shoulders.  If we can just manage to keep it tight on 17th then who knows.

As for having weaker reserves with Richie and Freddy - give me paid 19 every week and that'll do me.

ps. Good to see some more dirt on the track last night.

That’s the point though..... last night up against Morris and Ayres isn’t going to be the same as up against Allen and Summers. The reserves will be closer meaning riders like Kurtz and Woryna need to come to the party

Last time against a weakened Somerset Pooles reserves were paid for 26 yet you only won by 6. 

Edited by Gavan

Interesting that last night some riders managed to get their GSA's for next season down further in the last qualifying match despite the easy win. Fortunately BP don't count in the GSA calculation but interesting that Jackobsen got 3 BP in  4 rides.

Based on the 20 match rolling av some riders now sit on very attractive GSA's for 2019 compared to what their true ability is. (Assuming these are the final ones, as I  was informed play off's scores don't count). The 3 I think guaranteed for example next year:

Kurtz 6.75

Woryna 6.30

Jackobsen 5.04.

Of course the BIG if's are what will be the league structure for 2019 - what will team limits be and no doubt other questions in respect of will it be 6 man teams - will they introduce a one young Brit rule from NL under a certain age.

Other imponderables for Poole are would Matt bring Jack Holder back (based on this seasons form he will finish higher than Kurtz on GSA and seems to be progressing ahead of Kurtz which reinforces what some said since early last season that he may overtake him long term). Plus of course would Chris Holder come or be allowed back ???

Also of course the questions of Klindt/Josh G/Will he try to get Harris back who would snap Matt's hand off at the chance to stay imo. I think Worrall may try to get back up North if he gets a chance.

Plenty to keep the old brain cell's ticking over when our  season is over one way or the other.

Interesting comment made earlier about Luke Becker.

I notice he is under Hancocks wing as part of the recently formed Hancock Haj set up where the other riders are Holder Sr - Milik & Smektala.

His pretty impressive USA results are on https://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/uLuke_Becker.htm and his announcement into team Haj are on http://www.hancockhaj.com/blog/becker-up-for-the-challenge/

Couldnt get into Edinburgh due to visa issue earlier this year but I wonder what GSA he would get with NO proven European League experience, and could Matt MAYBE thinking of the reserve berth for next season if their is a League restructure and team points limit set ??. He is only 19 so plenty of improvement in him.

Hancock is no mug so the fact his Hancock Haj set up are supporting him he must see some potential. Plus maybe Monster involved as they are shown on the HH Web page as one of the team sponsers.

Also didn't Woryna have a similar show you around experience with before he came to UK ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
added additional sentence.

Herbie and Gordon are good mates so there may be some influence there?

Surely the first 2 names on the team sheet will be Harris and Klindt and if Kurtz can be say a third heat leader he will do ok. Poole need a big hitting number one but they are thin on the ground. Woryna will have an average of a second string and has yet to prove he can step up to that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Herbie and Gordon are good mates so there may be some influence there?

He could probably double up (if there are 2 leagues next season that is) and he is also on Hancock's POL Team books. That team looks likely to be promoted into POL Lge 1 next season so he may get early exposre to POL as well. If the likes of an unknown Aussie like Jaimon Lidsey can get into a POL Lge team (lge 2) then maybe this guy with his backing can get in ??

I'd certainly like Harris, Woryna, Klindt and Jackobsen back next year and work the rest of the team around them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Surely the first 2 names on the team sheet will be Harris and Klindt and if Kurtz can be say a third heat leader he will do ok. Poole need a big hitting number one but they are thin on the ground. Woryna will have an average of a second string and has yet to prove he can step up to that.

I think Woryna will be easily capable of stepping up. This a unimportant meeting, I believe he will step up when needed in the play offs, not so sure about Brady though.

when you compare the teams they are pretty evenly matched so it could go either way.

Edited by foreverblue

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It's a difficult one Gav. He signed Woryna as he saw him as having maybe the potential of Magic (his words not mine), although that was more headline grabbing I think for the media. Jackobsen was definitely signed for the future and Ford openly said that it was a bonus getting him for the later part of this just to get track experience so 5.04 is a bargain to start the season on at reserve probably.

Harris you will always get effort and Klindt we all know is a gating tart but this season he has improved as the season went on and has become a fairly good consistent gating tart. A poor man's Hancock i call him as like him if he makes the gate great but if not doesnt always overtake from the back.

I think Matt will have some difficult decisions in the close season BUT so much will be governed by the league  set up and points limits for 2019. Will there be some amalgamation ?? - If there si will there be a Prem points conv as a leveller and what will that all important team limit be. What about the Holders ?? Both  are assets and IF allowed both could be signed ??

Plenty of questions for sure but we all need to know what they agree at the BSPA before any real planning can be done, although I would be VERY surprised if Kur/Wory/Jack are not first names on the sheet purely because they are all young with potential and importantly all on attractive GSA's for next season.

Spoke briefly to Luke Becker last night. Seems a nice lad. Was wearing Monster gear.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

40 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

It's a difficult one Gav. He signed Woryna as he saw him as having maybe the potential of Magic (his words not mine), although that was more headline grabbing I think for the media. Jackobsen was definitely signed for the future and Ford openly said that it was a bonus getting him for the later part of this just to get track experience so 5.04 is a bargain to start the season on at reserve probably.

Harris you will always get effort and Klindt we all know is a gating tart but this season he has improved as the season went on and has become a fairly good consistent gating tart. A poor man's Hancock i call him as like him if he makes the gate great but if not doesnt always overtake from the back.

I think Matt will have some difficult decisions in the close season BUT so much will be governed by the league  set up and points limits for 2019. Will there be some amalgamation ?? - If there si will there be a Prem points conv as a leveller and what will that all important team limit be. What about the Holders ?? Both  are assets and IF allowed both could be signed ??

Plenty of questions for sure but we all need to know what they agree at the BSPA before any real planning can be done, although I would be VERY surprised if Kur/Wory/Jack are not first names on the sheet purely because they are all young with potential and importantly all on attractive GSA's for next season.

You are presuming Jack wants to come back?